webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > What phones link with the touchpad?
What phones link with the touchpad?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By disdigg

Old 11/24/2012, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

I know the pre 3 can link with the touchpad but can any other phones? i.e. pre 2, veer?
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

As a Bluetooth speakerphone, pretty much any phone with Bluetooth should work with the TouchPad.

If you're looking for the fancier Messaging sharing, the Pre3 works with that and there are some other phones that support the Messaging Access Profile, but not all are guaranteed to work (my iPhone running MAP-supporting iOS 6 does not, for example).

And if you're talking about Touch-to-Share, that's only the Pre3. The Veer technically has the hardware for Touch-to-Share, but never received the software update necessary to enable its use. Sad.
Old 11/24/2012, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Touchpad can make calls and send/receive sms texts messages while linked via bluetooth to my Samsung Galaxy S3. It works exactly the same as my FrankenPre2 via Messaging Access Profile.
disdigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by WoodWulf likes this.
Old 11/24/2012, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
I know the pre 3 can link with the touchpad but can any other phones? i.e. pre 2, veer?
The unlocked Pre2 has the MAP profile added with 2.2.4. The Verizon Pre2 does not have the update but you can add the MAP profile. John Steffes has a tut somewhere on here. That's it for webOS phones. If you go to Android, the pickins' are slim as well. The Motorola-branded Droid series from Verizon has the most (Droid 2 & 3, Droid X & X2, Thunderbolt and the LG Enlighten & Lucid). Nothing on iOS or Windows Phone 7, 7.5 or 8.
fatclue_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2012, 03:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

well I have a pre 2 with 2.2.4 but just need to get a touchpad for a reasonable price. I dont think 150-200 (people on craislist) is bad but I know most bought it when it was 99 and are making a profit.
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2012, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
...The Veer technically has the hardware for Touch-to-Share, but never received the software update necessary to enable its use. Sad...
There is a script in Meta-Doctor for Franken-TTS-Veer-2.1.2. I ran the script once, but without luck. I may have clicked past an error as I was in a bit of a hurry. I recently switched to Win 8 on my laptop. I need to set up VirtualBox Ubuntu and try that script again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
well I have a pre 2 with 2.2.4 but just need to get a touchpad for a reasonable price. I dont think 150-200 (people on craislist) is bad but I know most bought it when it was 99 and are making a profit.
My GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (2.2.4) syncs right up with TP and will send and/or receive voice and SMS. Bluetooth pairing is easy and just works right out of the box.

Good luck finding a nice TouchPad to add to your arsenal. My GF loves mine... because when I got it I gave her my Android tablet and all the accessories.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: mattmers
Old 11/26/2012, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Pre2 works great with my Touchpads

Tethering is very easy, and sharing contacts, calendar and such, once the setup done, is flawless, except for the fact that this is not really dependent of the phone and Tablet but by the accounts (Yahoo/Google mail/calendar),

And files are shared via Dropbox.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 11/26/2012, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
My Pre2 works great with my Touchpads

Tethering is very easy, and sharing contacts, calendar and such, once the setup done, is flawless, except for the fact that this is not really dependent of the phone and Tablet but by the accounts (Yahoo/Google mail/calendar),

And files are shared via Dropbox.
A good point about accounts - TouchPad can share the same Palm Profile with a phone. My TP shares the same Profile as my Pre 2 (that's where I purchased most Apps).

However, my Veer is on a different Profile than the TouchPad. It still connects via BlueTooth and will use Voice/SMS (incoming and outgoing) through the TP courtesy of the Veer. Both Palm Profiles rely on the same Google Account and that is important as imfallen_angel pointed out...
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0