webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Is there a way to manually back up Memo add (personal data) when TP is frozen?
Is there a way to manually back up Memo add (personal data) when TP is frozen?

Old 11/22/2012, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Stuck on the HP boot logo, getting ready to fire up webOS Doctor. Is there a way for me to back up personal data from the Memo app before doing so? I have a bunch of memo pages that I'd rather not lose.
Disco Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2012, 10:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Tough, if the Luna services are not available. That's the easiest way to pull things out of the database. When was the backup last run?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2012, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Not sure when the last backup was, as I can't get to the app to see.

I was just looking at the list of backed up data on the webOS Doctor page, and it says YES it does back up memos? I hope that's true?
Old 11/22/2012, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Anything that is stored in the application database will be backed up. Still, you may want to verify or manually dump out the data if it's possible.

Is the HP logo glowing?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2012, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

I tried to mount it in USB mode, but my computer didn't see it. It only showed up when I ran the Doctor... so I decided to cross my fingers and hope for the best. And whadda ya know, it worked! All the memos are still there. The only thing that got messed up was the past week or so of Calendar appointments. I thought all that stuff lived on the Google server? Oh well, at least I'm back up and running again.

Thanks for the input!
Old 11/23/2012, 01:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Scottie View Post
The only thing that got messed up was the past week or so of Calendar appointments. I thought all that stuff lived on the Google server?
Try "google sync behaviour"-patch after removing google Account. Then readd google account, this should lead to a better sync in the future.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0