webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Updating Touchpad GO to 3.0.5?
Updating Touchpad GO to 3.0.5?

Old 11/21/2012, 02:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Does anyone have a Touchpad Go that is on 3.0.5? I noticed mine is running 3.0.4 and thought I might be able to upgrade it to a final build of the OS, but it's not supported under WebOS doctor so I am forced to stay at 3.0.4 unless there is a way someone has figured out to update it. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
enigmo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

The TouchPad Go was never officially released, so I would say you're stuck where you are unless you can get an OTA update.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
The TouchPad Go was never officially released, so I would say you're stuck where you are unless you can get an OTA update.
Ya that's what I wondering if there was anyway to get it to get an OTA update but it refuses. So I'm stuck at this point. I wonder if the sim would ever be able to work?
Old 11/24/2012, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmo08 View Post
Ya that's what I wondering if there was anyway to get it to get an OTA update but it refuses. So I'm stuck at this point. I wonder if the sim would ever be able to work?
SIM card slot (3G and 4G) (used with AT&T, Rogers, China Telcom, and Telstra SIMs) has worked fine in every TP GO I've seen with 3.0.3 or 3.0.4 installed on the device. Not sure what your motivation for wanting 3.0.5 is - yes there are many valid reasons to want this, but if its a non functional sim card slot thats the problem you think will be fixed by going from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5, I think you might be barking up the wrong tree.

TTB

Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/24/2012 at 12:30 PM.
TopTongueBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I would be happy to take the Go without working cellular for a reasonable price
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 06:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
SIM card slot (3G and 4G) (used with AT&T, Rogers, China Telcom, and Telstra SIMs) has worked fine in every TP GO I've seen with 3.0.3 or 3.0.4 installed on the device. Not sure what your motivation for wanting 3.0.5 is - yes there are many valid reasons to want this, but if its a non functional sim card slot thats the problem you think will be fixed by going from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5, I think you might be barking up the wrong tree.

TTB
No my sim works and its unlocked like you said, I wanted to update to the latest software if I could, I'm fine with 3.0.4 my main thing was getting a full release not a build that limits what apps are in the HP store. And also the clock app doesn't have the other time faces which I did enjoy from my larger touchpad.
Old 11/28/2012, 06:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I would be happy to take the Go without working cellular for a reasonable price
If i get tired of it, I can sell it to you. So far I'm pretty content with it, but I'll keep you in mind in case I change my mind

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0