webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > My "dead TP" experience
My "dead TP" experience
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By MARC22
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By lemanho
  • 1 Post By MARC22

Old 11/19/2012, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

About 3 months ago my TP wouldn't turn on. I came here and read a LOT of different ways people were getting them back to life so I spent about 4 hours messing with it to no avail. I tried every button combination, holding it at a 27 degree Y-axis and even tried phoning a friend(but my 2 year old grandson was no help at all). I happened to come across a deal from HP, getting 2 new chargers for $2 each. Neither one made a difference.

For 3 months it sat on the table at the end of the couch...mocking me. I didn't want to just give up on it but at the same time I didn't want to touch it. (side note: I have a higher end Linksys router, can't remember the number, that it doesn't like to play nicely with anyway)

Finally, last week, I returned to these forums and read some more. I saw that people were having luck starting with a cell phone charger to "jump start" it from a extreme low voltage state and then transfer back to the standard charger to get it up to full. So, I went home and stared at it, as it continued to mock, and figured it was my last hope. I plugged the chone charger in and walked away...skeptically. I went back three hours later and it was up to 24%. Success! People suddenly started dancing in the street and a bird landed on my finger and sang me a song. So I swapped the chargers and left it until the next morning...

DEAD.

What! Why? How? It was on the charger all night?! It said it was charging?! How did it loose all power overnight while being plugged in? The street dancers started to knife each other and the singing bird was bleeding out in the corner. (that ws my cats fault though. totally unrelated)

So at that point I was back to where I started. A dead TP. I figured that I might as well just plug in the phone charger and see how it works. I left it on that overnight and the next morning it was fully charged! I used it on and off all day and that night it was still about 50% good! That night I plugged in the phone charger and, again, fully charged and ready to go! It's been a week now and I have had zero issues using ONLY the phone charger.

I'm not to plug the standard TP charger back into it because, well, it works this way so why change.

Just wanted to share how I got my dead TP back thanks to everyones contributions.
MARC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow, con500 and Remy X like this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 11/19/2012, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Strange, are you sure the TP charger is good? When you plug in the TP charger, does it show that it's charging? You can use Govnah or DrBattery or BatteryMonitor to check the current load (neg is discharging, pos is charging)
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I use the TP chargers on my phone all the time so I know they are working. When I use the TP charger on the TP it does say charging but it's not.
Old 11/19/2012, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would suggest following what Matt suggested above and see if Govnah or Dr Battery show an actual charge, if they do your problem lies with the battery.

If it doesn't show positive current, it could be the battery or could be ???
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by GMMan likes this.
Old 11/19/2012, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

The battery of TP was locked and sleep if do not use TP for a long time. (No matter you use different HP chagers.) You need to open the back cover and take out battery . And use special software and methods make it run....
HP touchpad tp go
This guy have a speical software to fix touchpad /touchpad go battery. Also it can adjust it to new battery with that software.......
I had sent dead touchpad go battery to this guy. And he can fix it.
lemanho is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jbond likes this.
Thanked By: jbond
Old 11/20/2012, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

It's working great now. For the last week I've only used a cell phone charger and it works perfectly.
Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Old 11/20/2012, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARC22 View Post
... I tried every button combination, holding it at a 27 degree Y-axis and even tried phoning a friend(but my 2 year old grandson was no help at all)...

For 3 months it sat on the table at the end of the couch...mocking me...

...So, I went home and stared at it, as it continued to mock, and figured it was my last hope.... Success! People suddenly started dancing in the street and a bird landed on my finger and sang me a song...

DEAD.

...The street dancers started to knife each other and the singing bird was bleeding out in the corner. (that ws my cats fault though. totally unrelated)

Wonderful post. Thanks for that.

R
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: MARC22
Old 11/20/2012, 04:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARC22 View Post
About 3 months ago my TP wouldn't turn on. I came here and read a LOT of different ways people were getting them back to life so I spent about 4 hours messing with it to no avail. I tried every button combination, holding it at a 27 degree Y-axis and even tried phoning a friend(but my 2 year old grandson was no help at all). I happened to come across a deal from HP, getting 2 new chargers for $2 each. Neither one made a difference.

For 3 months it sat on the table at the end of the couch...mocking me. I didn't want to just give up on it but at the same time I didn't want to touch it. (side note: I have a higher end Linksys router, can't remember the number, that it doesn't like to play nicely with anyway)

Finally, last week, I returned to these forums and read some more. I saw that people were having luck starting with a cell phone charger to "jump start" it from a extreme low voltage state and then transfer back to the standard charger to get it up to full. So, I went home and stared at it, as it continued to mock, and figured it was my last hope. I plugged the chone charger in and walked away...skeptically. I went back three hours later and it was up to 24%. Success! People suddenly started dancing in the street and a bird landed on my finger and sang me a song. So I swapped the chargers and left it until the next morning...

DEAD.

What! Why? How? It was on the charger all night?! It said it was charging?! How did it loose all power overnight while being plugged in? The street dancers started to knife each other and the singing bird was bleeding out in the corner. (that ws my cats fault though. totally unrelated)

So at that point I was back to where I started. A dead TP. I figured that I might as well just plug in the phone charger and see how it works. I left it on that overnight and the next morning it was fully charged! I used it on and off all day and that night it was still about 50% good! That night I plugged in the phone charger and, again, fully charged and ready to go! It's been a week now and I have had zero issues using ONLY the phone charger.

I'm not to plug the standard TP charger back into it because, well, it works this way so why change.

Just wanted to share how I got my dead TP back thanks to everyones contributions.

This post has cured me of a bad hangover so funny. Glad you brought your TP back to life.
con500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: MARC22

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0