webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > USB Mode issue?
USB Mode issue?

Old 11/18/2012, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello -
I tried to get into USB mode yesterday using the short cut, and the usual white screen with the black border flashed on the screen for a second, then disappeared - much like the old versions of web pages do when using the advanced browser. I would like to transfer some files but this makes it impossible.
Does anyone know of any pre-ware updates or tweaks that might make this happen?
Thanks for any help!!
Trovahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I've been using this with excellent results: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...e-sharing.html
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trovahead View Post
Hello -
I tried to get into USB mode yesterday using the short cut, and the usual white screen with the black border flashed on the screen for a second, then disappeared - much like the old versions of web pages do when using the advanced browser. I would like to transfer some files but this makes it impossible.
Does anyone know of any pre-ware updates or tweaks that might make this happen?
Thanks for any help!!
Have you tried rebooting? Any error messages?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Have you tried rebooting? Any error messages?
I have tried rebooting and yes there is a short message - but the screen disappears before I have a chance to read it.
Old 11/18/2012, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'd say check logs. If you want, you can set up SSH and shuffle things over with FileZilla or WinSCP (I do that during patch development).
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 11/21/2012, 09:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I'd say check logs. If you want, you can set up SSH and shuffle things over with FileZilla or WinSCP (I do that during patch development).
Thanks! I'm not quite sure how to set up SSH to move the files. If you have a second, could you explain it to this not so savy TP user - or in a PM?
Thanks again.
Old 11/21/2012, 09:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

This page has all the instructions: Application:OpenSSH - WebOS Internals

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0