webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Full screen video calling
Full screen video calling

Old 11/16/2012, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

I want to give my Touchpad to my Grandparents so that we can call them while we are in India.
Unfortunately the integrated Skype Client does only work in Horizontal mode. Is there a Homebrew fix or another video voice over ip client that enables fullscreen calling?

Otherwise does the Android Skype, Google Hangout client support this and what would be the most STABLE version of Android to install. I don't want them to fizzle around with any options. We just want to call them. Maybe some weather apps and news but I don't nothing besides full screen video calling. They even want to pay monthly for an internet connection so they should at least see something with their old eyes.
haukesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2012, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

It might be a bit tricky. I suppose a click handler can be added to the video box so it can be expanded, but so far using the cheap method of setting fitToWindow to true isn't working.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2012, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
It might be a bit tricky. I suppose a click handler can be added to the video box so it can be expanded, but so far using the cheap method of setting fitToWindow to true isn't working.
Might not be very useful anyway, unless one can also turn the camera output 90degrees at the same time.
renater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 04:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

If making a fix is not that easy do you know if the latest cynagon mods got the microphone and video camera working?
haukesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 05:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

There is a setting in one of the databases, that sets wether the video is landscape or portrait. I do not know where it is, nor if it works. I ran across it one time while I was inspecting databases using Impostah, but like I said, no clue if it functions at all.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skype, video, widescreen

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0