webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > New TouchPad Owner
New TouchPad Owner

Old 11/16/2012, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hey all, used to have the original Pre. Also used to be an active member when this was Precentral.(If any of you remember me hello!)
I getting a used TP 32GB I bought off ebay for $150 in the mail today, So I thought I'd ask if someone could please lead me in the right direction as far as getting Preware on it and all that jazz.
The new site is is gonna take some getting used to.
Appreciate all help given, thanks and happy holidays to all.

Edit: Ooops, sorry didn't see the sticky thread.

Last edited by StyrkaValkare; 11/16/2012 at 11:43 AM.
StyrkaValkare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2012, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Welcome . newcomers are always welcomed.
Old 11/16/2012, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, looking forward to getting into webOS again. I've been away from it for far too long.
Old 11/16/2012, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

You may want to consider the improvements for TouchPad that developers worked in courtesy of the OpenSourced LunaSys that was released back in (?)August...

LunaCE 4.x

IMHO it adds a lot to the feel and multitasking usability of the TouchPad...
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: StyrkaValkare
Old 11/16/2012, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome back, and thanks to the awesome Palm developers, Preware install is the same as it is on all the phones.

One quick tip, since there is no true gesture area, if you can't figure out how to go back in an app (like Preware) look for an arrow icon or drop down the top left menu for a back function in some apps (internalz is one).
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: StyrkaValkare
Old 11/16/2012, 04:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Welcome back, and thanks to the awesome Palm developers, Preware install is the same as it is on all the phones.

One quick tip, since there is no true gesture area, if you can't figure out how to go back in an app (like Preware) look for an arrow icon or drop down the top left menu for a back function in some apps (internalz is one).
And in apps that run under the Mojo emulator, the gesture bar is actually a button that only sends back, not forwards or swipe up.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2012, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

I always did find that gesture area annoying on the Pre, I would always end up accidentally rubbing up against it and it would go back. Lol.
I got the TP running at 1.8GHz right now, and wow what a difference. This is how fast it shoulda came outta the box.
I now feel sorry for those not interested in overclocking. Lol. They are missing out.
Old 11/16/2012, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyrkaValkare View Post
I always did find that gesture area annoying on the Pre, I would always end up accidentally rubbing up against it and it would go back. Lol.
I got the TP running at 1.8GHz right now, and wow what a difference. This is how fast it shoulda came outta the box.
I now feel sorry for those not interested in overclocking. Lol. They are missing out.
Personally haven't overclocked a device since 1.x and no complaints here.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2012, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Personally haven't overclocked a device since 1.x and no complaints here.
Guess we all have different opinions. But I like my devices running nice and fast.
Only device I haven't overclocked is my Galaxy S3, that's only cause it's already pretty fast and smooth.

Gonna look into installing CM10 now. I want youtube and netflix apps.
Can't believe there's no youtube app on this thing.
Old 11/16/2012, 06:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

The YouTube site works perfectly fine.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0