Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TopTongueBarry
  1.    #1  
    My Touchpad is still under warranty. I sent an email to HP through their support system last Thusday (now Wednesday) and have only had an automated response, which came minutes after the e-mail. Have seen other posters with poor experiences with HP warranty repair.

    I'm looking for a private repair shop.

    I have four of the barrel and cable sets and none will charge the TP. The Touchstone works, so I'm pretty sure it is the mini USB port.

    I found San Deigo PC Help through Google. They claim to repair Touchpads. Anybody had any experience with them? Or other recommendations for HP Touchpad repair by mail. I'm in Denver, and I don't know any qualified people here. Will be in Chicago next week for several weeks, if anyone knows of an onsite repair place there, that would work, too.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Wow they actually list the TouchPad, that is the first place I have seen...

    I would suggest at least e-mailing them for a quote, between cost of repair and shipping it may not be work the cost.

    Sorry I can't be of more help with a location.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Only paid $150 for the TP, but I've gotten attached to it. Hard to put a value on that. Would like to keep it working for a while.
  4. #4  
    I repair TouchPad's and Pre's (all models). Since I have a full time job, my spare time to repair devices is often limited, hence, I'm sure that I charge more for parts and labor than San Diego PC help does. To protect yourself ask them if they can provide customer references, one's who own TouchPad's they've repaired. As for references, I've repaired Touchpad's for several members here and can provide their names upon request.

    Since I do this type of work as a sideline, during free time, I'm not scrounging for work here, or solicitating at all. If you do have San DIego PC help repair your Touchpad, please come back to post in here letting us know how it went, good or bad.

    Thanks,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by snwynkoop View Post
    Only paid $150 for the TP, but I've gotten attached to it. Hard to put a value on that. Would like to keep it working for a while.
    True just thinking cost of parts and labor plus shipping might be worth buying a new one if you can find for a good price.

    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Since I do this type of work as a sideline, during free time, I'm not scrounging for work here, or solicitating at all. If you do have San DIego PC help repair your Touchpad, please come back to post in here letting us know how it went, good or bad.

    Thanks,
    TTB
    Agreed, please let us know whatever course of action you take and the result it is always good to have reference information for others.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6. #6  
    I'm sorry probably not adding anything of value, How does repair of the TouchPad goes, specially when a lot of websites that repair these kind of obsolete tablets have complained that some of the clips that hold the back plastic plate tend to break off, when prying the device open. I'm sure that those clips will serve an important purpose when closing up the device, when the repairs are done.

    I will agree with OldSkool, you could find cheap TouchPad online brand new or refurbished items like on Amazon or eBay.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I repair TouchPad's and Pre's (all models). Since I have a full time job, my spare time to repair devices is often limited, hence, I'm sure that I charge more for parts and labor than San Diego PC help does. To protect yourself ask them if they can provide customer references, one's who own TouchPad's they've repaired. As for references, I've repaired Touchpad's for several members here and can provide their names upon request.

    Since I do this type of work as a sideline, during free time, I'm not scrounging for work here, or solicitating at all. If you do have San DIego PC help repair your Touchpad, please come back to post in here letting us know how it went, good or bad.

    Thanks,
    TTB
    @TTB do you sell or know a link for parts to rebuild? If I can get parts I think I can put humpty-dumpty back together again. I

    1. Working Motherboard 32gb - d/t ? battery-icon/bricked status - tried everything
    2. Power button assembly - actually it's really just the push button switch assy for the power button

    I believe the battery to be good. If these parts above can be had for cheap it still beats buying a new 10" tablet, esp if labor is free (if I assemble it). But it doesn't make sense of course if end up paying 150-200 on parts.

Posting Permissions