Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By the1bobcat
  1.    #1  
    I"m on the last screen of the WebOS Doctor program, the one that says don't unplug the device or remove the battery. It has been running (?) for about 90 minutes. There is no indicator that it is running or a progress bar. Is this right? Is it supposed to look like nothing is happening? Asking because my problem is a bad mini USB port on the TP, so I can't assume that there is really a proper PC to TP connection.

    I unplugged it after 3 and a half hours of looking like nothing was happening.
    Last edited by snwynkoop; 11/13/2012 at 08:53 PM.
  2.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Have you tried again?
    i had tried twice before with the same result, no indication anything was happening.
  3. #4  
    With the fact that you are having charging issues as well, I would guess you are correct in assuming you have a USB issue.

    I have had doctors fail, but always after seeing some progress.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4. #5  
    Try finding the logs. Read the first part of this: How To Recover - WebOS Internals. Also, there are logs in %temp% (on Windows), with the name beginning with PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog.
  5. #6  
    I know it sounds basic, but...

    Have you inspected the port and cable to ensure there is no fuzz / grit / debris in either???

    A long shot, but it does happen and if that is the case you have a quick fix.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I know it sounds basic, but...

    Have you inspected the port and cable to ensure there is no fuzz / grit / debris in either???

    A long shot, but it does happen and if that is the case you have a quick fix.
    Great idea and advice, but I still get the message that my touchpad is connected to a charger that provides less than the recommended voltage. I brushed the USB and blew it out with compressed air. I have four HP TP chargers and cables. None works, so that's why the mini USB is my choice culprit.
  7. #8  
    If you have a spare TouchPad cable, try that. Some people report that their cable is prone to breaking. Try a different combination with each of your chargers and see if it works.

    BTW, where are you seeing the error message?
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    If you have a spare TouchPad cable, try that. Some people report that their cable is prone to breaking. Try a different combination with each of your chargers and see if it works.

    BTW, where are you seeing the error message?
    I have four chargers and four cables. Have tried them all. The may not charge message about wrong voltage etc. pops up on the TP in the upper right corner of the screen. It is green with black type.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by snwynkoop View Post
    I have four chargers and four cables. Have tried them all. The may not charge message about wrong voltage etc. pops up on the TP in the upper right corner of the screen. It is green with black type.
    It sounds like your TP is working. Not so sure if Doctoring would fix anything. Leave it plugged in for 24 hours and it should slowly trickle charge back to full. Keep the screen off and don't use it.
  10. #11  
    I know its frustrating but if I'm using the USB to charge or transfer files (haven't had to doctor for a long time) I lay the TP down on its back and plug the USB into it. Then I put something, about the height of an eraser, under the USB cable right at where it attaches to the TP. It levers the USB so that it connects better.

    Just telling you what I do. Hope it helps
    RumoredNow likes this.

Posting Permissions