webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > HP touchpad in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode per device manager and won't turn on
HP touchpad in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode per device manager and won't turn on
Like Tree1Likes

Old 01/09/2013, 03:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

VM > LiveCD. You probably don't want the system freezing when dealing with early stage bootloaders lest you want that to be broken as well.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2013, 04:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
VM > LiveCD. You probably don't want the system freezing when dealing with early stage bootloaders lest you want that to be broken as well.
I know it doesn't equal native, but so far for me it did the trick and was reliable when I needed it.
Herrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2013, 08:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
I know it doesn't equal native, but so far for me it did the trick and was reliable when I needed it.
In fact VirtualBox can use USB devices connected to the host. It may be a bit tricky but it's doable.

I certainly would recommend a live CD for the Linux part tho. It could be possible to use Linux on Virtual box as well, but please people, try to keep fail points to a minimum. Your TouchPads are beautiful devices and deserve to be treated well.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 07:22 PM   #24 (permalink)

I had fixed several dead touchpads like this .It is very easy.......
1. Need a working TP working battery with over 80 percent power
2., Open the back cover carefully and take out the old battery.
3. Connect a working battery and assembly screen.
4. Hold power + vol up and see the big USB.
5. Running 3.0.5 doctor and connect to touchpad. Flash the device..........
lemanho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 09:23 AM   #25 (permalink)

Does anyone know who or where i can send my touchpad to be recovered from QDL mode? I'm not looking for it to be free, i will pay but haven't received any responses and have been searching for a while, thanks in advance.
P-eezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2013, 08:20 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
Significant advances have been made in the last week. Access to a TP GO 's eMMC partitions and its filesystem data has been acheived by installing a temporary bootloader using QPST. Previously, the device appeared to be dead, couldn't be booted into recovery mode, wouldn't load and connect using novacom, novaterm ,WOSQI or or anything. It would only connect in qualcomm download mode (QHUSB_DLOAD)

There's more work to be done. A basic (minimum) understanding of linux storage device configuration, linux commands, webOS and windows is necessary. One incorrect keystroke or missed step could render the device inaccessable and / or truly bricked, useful only as the paperweight you previously thought it was.

- Here is a link to a webOSnation thread located in the Pre 3 forum here where members have also been collaberating and working on a fix for this.

Dead Pre 3 (QHUSB-DLOAD mode)

- The post and thread the next link points to is located on xda and there's documents and files you can use to install a temporary bootloader onto a MSM8660 device in order to gain access to its sdcard (filesystems) for partition recreation and restoral of backups and/or factory provided eMMC images. I advise reading through the thread. There's some links scattered throughout it pointing to a few other threads on xda where people have been independently working on fixing this problem too. The MSM8660 is a widely used chipset fouind in many devices.

[JTAG,BRICK]SHV-E160L Korean model - Page 9 - xda-developers

For our dead webOS devices, the process after we install a temporary bootloader is to boot the device from it, then recreate the rest of the partition table / partition information.

After that we'd restore data to the the bootie partition and to the two other partitions bootie uses to chain boot the device.

In theory, once those three partitions are restored and readable , it should be possible to boot the device into recovery mode for doctoring.

TTB
Please help me. I have the TP and I've tried holding down all the buttons, etc etc again and again and nothing. I'm not an ***** but your vernacular above is soooo far over my head I can't figure it out. My kids desperately need the TP and as a single mom I can't step out right now and buy another computer. Can you possibly put it in better lamens terms for me?
wzf6wg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2013, 02:03 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
In fact VirtualBox can use USB devices connected to the host. It may be a bit tricky but it's doable.
Affirmative. I've used Ubuntu running on VB and successfully loaded bootie to my old Pre multiple times, but it is tricky because USB ports are not always transfered to VB so you have to plug/unplug USB stick to force connection.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0