webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Hp stole my touchstone!!
Hp stole my touchstone!!
Like Tree16Likes

Old 11/06/2012, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

On Sep 21 2012, I sent in my HP Touchstone for RMA repair, and as of Nov 06, 2012, I still have yet to receive the replacement.

I called 3 weeks ago, and they said they received it but were still looking for parts due to high demand,

Now there is no way of reaching support since it's a closed department WebOS techsupport @ 1-(866)-219-7445. and @ 18774263777

Every call to other tech support departments get you forwarded back to the closed WebOS phone line which merely tells you to visit this forum. Support Community - Support Community - which is also not supported.

What a nightmare!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by desdroid; 11/06/2012 at 01:15 PM.
desdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would love to help you but obviously I can't.
This is unbelievable. The support forum you mentioned is a joke.
It seems to be managed by one guy (source):
Quote:
Folks, there are no HP reps left here on this Forum... We can only recommend you call the support phone number supplied by clicking the "Support" link at the top of the page, and navigate to the touchpad support pages.

WyreNut
The only real support forum left seems to be webosnation now.
But I have no contact to any HP person.
If you still can't contact any responsible person I would consider to report this to the police or some other authority you have in the US.

Last edited by somline; 11/06/2012 at 02:39 PM.
somline is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked By: desdroid
Old 11/06/2012, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Maybe try contacting HardBeatz on these forums, last I knew he was still employed by HP/Palm... we have a couple other HP/Palm EEs around here not all specific to webOS.

I'll tweet this thread to see if anybody has a contact number for you, all of the people I know don't necessarily work in a department that can get you an answer as to the status of your repair...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: desdroid
Old 11/06/2012, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

wow. WOW sorry do let us know how it works out.
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
I'll tweet this thread....
Did the same.
Old 11/06/2012, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

HP Seem happy to have completely washed their hands of the touchpad now that the majority of warranties are up The TP seems now to be completely abandoned now and the OEM accesories are like gold dust (here in uk)...But this is just plain ridiculous, to offer no support contact details whatsoever for products they have at the repair centres. I would email (corporate) and keep emailing until you are offered a satisfactory solution to "Your" missing touchstone. Shambles of a company
con500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 02:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somline View Post
Yeah saw your tweet right when I logged into twitter, figured yours might catch somebodies eye. I just have no clue if @Palm and @webOSDev are even monitored any more.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 11/06/2012, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Also I agree to use twitter @HPsupport

I recieved a tweet from them less than a week ago in regards to a faulty TP charger. They replied asking if I was still in warranty, then sent me a link to a hp help page. So it would seem someone is listening
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Thanked by OldSkoolVWLover, somline
Old 11/06/2012, 02:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah saw your tweet right when I logged into twitter, figured yours might catch somebodies eye. I just have no clue if @Palm and @webOSDev are even monitored any more.
Ok then please retweet and ad @ HPsupport
Old 11/06/2012, 02:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by con500 View Post
HP Seem happy to have completely washed their hands of the touchpad now that the majority of warranties are up The TP seems now to be completely abandoned now and the OEM accesories are like gold dust (here in uk)...But this is just plain ridiculous, to offer no support contact details whatsoever for products they have at the repair centres. I would email (corporate) and keep emailing until you are offered a satisfactory solution to "Your" missing touchstone. Shambles of a company
I am no big fan of HP at this point with what they have done to webOS. I would guess most likely this is an employee issue though.

The average employees don't care about you, only that your problem isn't their departments problem so they can pass the buck. They were told years ago, if anybody calls about Palm/webOS issues send them to a certain contact number. Well that number has been shut down, but they don't care still not their problem. Especially in a call-center area, they are tasked with hitting production on their subject matter and pushing everything else to the "correct department".

I say this from my every day job, I take calls and help desk e-mails all day long from people that have been sent to me from someone else not in my office. A lot of the time these issues are not something that is handled in my office and is not something I can help with. The person that got them before me just knows they don't have the answer so they kick em to where they think they should go. In many cases that first point of contact should have the correct answer because it is part of their job, but they know we answer our phones (since we are actually open to the public) so instead of going and asking for the correct answer, they kick the issue to us and tell the person to continue calling us if they don't get thru the first time.

Sorry for my rant, but I just don't believe this is an intentional HP issue but more a lack of communication by their employees and various departments.
Liked by fxspec06 and con500 like this.
Old 11/06/2012, 03:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok then please retweet and ad @ HPsupport
tweeted to support as well as one of my favorite dev relations people
Thanked By: somline
Old 11/06/2012, 03:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
tweeted to support as well as one of my favorite dev relations people
Don't know why I missed to follow you :-) Thanks
Old 11/06/2012, 03:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I am no big fan of HP at this point with what they have done to webOS. I would guess most likely this is an employee issue though.

The average employees don't care about you, only that your problem isn't their departments problem so they can pass the buck. They were told years ago, if anybody calls about Palm/webOS issues send them to a certain contact number. Well that number has been shut down, but they don't care still not their problem. Especially in a call-center area, they are tasked with hitting production on their subject matter and pushing everything else to the "correct department".

I say this from my every day job, I take calls and help desk e-mails all day long from people that have been sent to me from someone else not in my office. A lot of the time these issues are not something that is handled in my office and is not something I can help with. The person that got them before me just knows they don't have the answer so they kick em to where they think they should go. In many cases that first point of contact should have the correct answer because it is part of their job, but they know we answer our phones (since we are actually open to the public) so instead of going and asking for the correct answer, they kick the issue to us and tell the person to continue calling us if they don't get thru the first time.

Sorry for my rant, but I just don't believe this is an intentional HP issue but more a lack of communication by their employees and various departments.

Totally agree with all you've said here. Its just my first line of defence with companies closing the iron curtains on me is to be as much of a niusence and proverbial pain in the back side as possible...To any or all departments lol. Sorry I know thsts no fun for the recipients, its not that am being rude...I just figure they will eventually get so sickome that they will get me a number to call, just to get ridome. Its always worth a try.
I get what your saying though

Last edited by con500; 11/06/2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11/06/2012, 03:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't know why I missed to follow you :-) Thanks
LOL no worries, couldn't remember if you followed me or not until I got the e-mail saying you followed a minute ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by con500 View Post
Totally agree with all you've said here. Its just my first line of defence with companies closing the iron curtains on me is to be as much of a niusence and proverbial pain in the back side as possible...To any or all departments lol.
I get what your saying though
Oh I am with you. I escalated an issue to MS Live management and even he couldn't help me because of system limitations, I will always hold that against MS, I lost my live ID from like 7 years ago... I now own a PS3 and the xbox only gets played for HBO Go and Madden/MLB with my brother that is away at college.

Just one of those things where even if an e-mail went out doesn't mean the employee read it (happens every day), that's why being an expert at certain things when a coworker asks me a question or for assistance I go out of my way to help them. I work with too many people that happily let knowledge go in one ear and out the other.

At the OP, if I hear anything back i will post here since I know lots of folks don't use twitter.
Old 11/06/2012, 06:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting for a status update. I'm currently looking to find the appropriate support channel for you.

webOS Application Engineer, Appstuh

sprw for Twitter
Voice Memos
arthurthornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HardBeatZ, OldSkoolVWLover and MartinH@webos like this.
Old 11/06/2012, 06:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks Arthur!

(sorry to bug you, but more and more I am running out of contacts)
Old 11/06/2012, 07:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Out of curiosity -- I had two touchstones where the AC Adapters failed on them, and getting a replacement AC adapter was pretty much a non-issue -- did you check that it was the touchstone itself failing, by testing it with another AC adapter? Not that this helps you since your Touchstone isn't there anymore. Just curious.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 11:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

am i the only one getting really disheartened by how much HP sucks in the past year or so? I'm not gonna buy anything from them anymore
Spaceman Spliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 08:57 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spliff View Post
am i the only one getting really disheartened by how much HP sucks in the past year or so? I'm not gonna buy anything from them anymore
if you read these forums regularly then you'll know there's at least one other who shares your view on HP.
Old 11/07/2012, 11:04 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
if you read these forums regularly then you'll know there's at least one other who shares your view on HP.
Oh no, this guy is quite reserved in comparison. :-)
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0