webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Hp stole my touchstone!!
Hp stole my touchstone!!
  Reply
Like Tree16Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11/07/2012, 11:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
Moderator
 
OldSkoolVWLover's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Out of curiosity -- I had two touchstones where the AC Adapters failed on them, and getting a replacement AC adapter was pretty much a non-issue -- did you check that it was the touchstone itself failing, by testing it with another AC adapter? Not that this helps you since your Touchstone isn't there anymore. Just curious.
This is a good point as my very first AC adapter (I think this was the one that came with TP, not the TS) was faulty out of the box. Always something good to check when having issues the TP AC adapters have what appears to be a much higher failure rate than the phone adapters.
__________________
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 12:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by desdroid View Post
On Sep 21 2012, I sent in my HP Touchstone for RMA repair, and as of Nov 06, 2012, I still have yet to receive the replacement.


I called 3 weeks ago, and they said they received it but were still looking for parts due to high demand,


Now there is no way of reaching support since it's a closed department WebOS techsupport @ 1-(866)-219-7445. and @ 18774263777


Every call to other tech support departments get you forwarded back to the closed WebOS phone line which merely tells you to visit this forum. Support Community - Support Community - which is also not supported.

What a nightmare!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DesDroid;
just buy a new one. I did on amazon for next to nothing along with a new charging back for my pre+.
pro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 12:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Moderator
 
OldSkoolVWLover's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro2 View Post
DesDroid;
just buy a new one. I did on amazon for next to nothing along with a new charging back for my pre+.
This is for a TouchPad TS, not as easily available or nearly as cheap as the phone versions.
__________________
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 12:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
This is for a TouchPad TS, not as easily available or nearly as cheap as the phone versions.
Ah yes, my mistake felllow VW lover. I hit on the most active thread and didn't note which forum category it was from.
Touchpad charging dock is $28; not next to nothing but still less than half of the original price. A lot less agravating than the phantom tech support.
All that aside, the dock itself is nothing but an inert inductive coil. The likely culprit is the AC adapter (about $30).
pro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 11/07/2012, 03:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
smooth3006's Avatar
 
Posts: 860
What horrid support on hp's end.
smooth3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 08:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
RumoredNow's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro2 View Post
DesDroid;
just buy a new one. I did on amazon for next to nothing along with a new charging back for my pre+.
I think the point is HP owes him one... He sent it in good faith and should receive one back...

This is a sad story and I wish you the best of luck, desdroid.
__________________
Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by fixxxer1022 likes this.
Thanked By: fixxxer1022
Old 11/09/2012, 09:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
HardBeatZ's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,566
Make sure you post back in the thread and let us know if the issue gets handled.
__________________
Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
HardBeatZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by bevcraw and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
Old 11/10/2012, 11:17 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Out of curiosity -- I had two touchstones where the AC Adapters failed on them, and getting a replacement AC adapter was pretty much a non-issue -- did you check that it was the touchstone itself failing, by testing it with another AC adapter? Not that this helps you since your Touchstone isn't there anymore. Just curious.
The AC Adapter is working properly, in fact, that's what is being used to charge the Touchpad in lieu of the Touchstone.

Situation Update:

After calling all sorts of tech support departments in HP, eventually I escalated the case to a supervisor (from a different support division) on the 6th. He claimed that the reason no tech support is available at the WebOS division was merely due to a temporary phone systems malfunction which will be resolved in a couple days. He also offered to call me back in a couple days for an update.

As of the today, the 10th, neither has happen
desdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2012, 02:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
Phone support actually seems discontinued. If you look on the support page, they only take emails for in-warranty products.
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2012, 02:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 5
needless to say, I'm pretty ****ed off about this. It's especially hard to believe such a disaster can come from a company as big as HP.

There is no excuse for how poorly the RMA is being managed.
desdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2012, 03:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Moderator
 
OldSkoolVWLover's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by desdroid View Post
needless to say, I'm pretty ****ed off about this. It's especially hard to believe such a disaster can come from a company as big as HP.

There is no excuse for how poorly the RMA is being managed.
Not defending them... the bigger the company the easier this is to believe, you never talk to the same person, you are one of millions and inquiring about a discontinued product. In general the average employee (and majority of the company) couldn't care less about you. I agree it is horrible and sad, but that is the society we live in, the bigger the company the less a single issue matters.

There are still at least a few really good people that work for HP/Palm/webOS but those numbers have dwindled based on the last 15 months. I still hope you get your issue resolved, and please keep us updated to any more info you get.
__________________
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2012, 05:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
...you are one of millions and inquiring about a discontinued product....
I totally agree with you, but if he send it in within the warranty time they have to repair/exchange it.
In Germany warranty is defined by law. Here they HAVE to repare/exchange or give some money back if it happens within that time.

EDIT: Why is there no Volkswagen in your avatar anymore?
__________________
Dr. Battery
somline is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 11/13/2012, 08:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2
I was told to send my Touchpad in and they sent me the shipping material. I never received a confirmation email and like you, I cannot seem to get ahold of anyone. So, my Touchpad appears to be gone! I am so frustrated. When I called HP, they said they couldn't find my order and to just email support. That hasn't worked yet!
worthbuying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 08:53 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desdroid View Post
The AC Adapter is working properly, in fact, that's what is being used to charge the Touchpad in lieu of the Touchstone.

Situation Update:

After calling all sorts of tech support departments in HP, eventually I escalated the case to a supervisor (from a different support division) on the 6th. He claimed that the reason no tech support is available at the WebOS division was merely due to a temporary phone systems malfunction which will be resolved in a couple days. He also offered to call me back in a couple days for an update.

As of the today, the 10th, neither has happen
They told me that there was no phone support because of Hurricane Sandy.
worthbuying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 01:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
Moderator
 
OldSkoolVWLover's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by somline View Post
I totally agree with you, but if he send it in within the warranty time they have to repair/exchange it.
In Germany warranty is defined by law. Here they HAVE to repare/exchange or give some money back if it happens within that time.

EDIT: Why is there no Volkswagen in your avatar anymore?
You guys have much better consumer protection than we do. In 2001 or 02 a German law was passed that no auto manufacturer could design a vehicle that required the removal of body panels to replace a light bulb (not sure if that is the extent of the law, but I know it covered lighting replacement). I know this because the wifes 00 New Beetle front bumper must be removed to replace the fog lights... IIRC 02+ is no longer like that.


No VW pic right now, football season required the placement of a Dallas Cowboys themed avatar (mainly to combat super moderator HelloNewman's stupid Green Bay Packers avatar )
__________________
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: somline
Old 11/13/2012, 01:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
You guys have much better consumer protection than we do. In 2001 or 02 a German law was passed that no auto manufacturer could design a vehicle that required the removal of body panels to replace a light bulb (not sure if that is the extent of the law, but I know it covered lighting replacement). I know this because the wifes 00 New Beetle front bumper must be removed to replace the fog lights... IIRC 02+ is no longer like that.


No VW pic right now, football season required the placement of a Dallas Cowboys themed avatar (mainly to combat super moderator HelloNewman's stupid Green Bay Packers avatar )
Never heard about that. Interesting. Thanks. Yes in Germany (and the EU) things are more regulated than in the US.
I wouldn't be surprised if, in the feature, the EU will ban devices where you can't exchange the battery.
Source (in German)
And I don't think this would be a bad thing :-)
__________________
Dr. Battery
somline is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Jozz and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0