webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Can't login to company webmail
Can't login to company webmail

Old 11/06/2012, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this on their Touchpads running WebOS. I am on the latest version and when I navigate to my company's Webmail site...

https://webmail.XXXXX.com

I get taken to the login page properly and am asked to sign in. When I put in my username and password and then click submit, the page just refreshes and my credentials are deleted. I've tried deleting cookies, cache, etc. but can't seem to get it to work.

I was able to get into my Webmail before when I was dual booting with Android, but never tried in WebOS. Co-workers are also able to get in on their iPads no problem. I've tried on the stock browser and the Advanced Browser, but get same results. I know there aren't really any other browsers to try on and I don't know if I can change my user agent.
Bwangster12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

You can add the account to Synergy if you want. What type of webmail interface is your company using? Outlook Web Access?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Believe it or not... we use Lotus Notes.
Old 11/06/2012, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

When my employer changed up the outlook web access it has messed up me logging in.

We were always in outlook/exchange/outlook web access, but they moved the mail servers to the cloud and that changed up the web access. Since I don't have to have access when I am not in the office (I am not a citrix or EAS user because my position doesn't require either) I have not spent any energy trying to figure it out.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

As I as understand, anyone who has tried to add their mail to their iPads hasn't been able to, because they need to be given access by the company... and you have to be at a certain level.

I assume this would mean that I would not be able to add it through Synergy in this fashion.
Old 11/06/2012, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwangster12 View Post
As I as understand, anyone who has tried to add their mail to their iPads hasn't been able to, because they need to be given access by the company... and you have to be at a certain level.

I assume this would mean that I would not be able to add it through Synergy in this fashion.
That's always another possibility and is true of my employers EAS settings.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 11/06/2012, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

I just don't get why the pages just refreshes. The login page loads quickly and perfectly, and when I enter in my credentials it just reloads and deletes whatever I entered. I've been able to get in through the website on my Android smartphone, Android tablet (when I was dual booting) and on laptops and from home desktop.

Tried turning off java, flash, deleting cookies, etc.
Old 11/06/2012, 02:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Pretty sure my web mail is doing the same thing haven't tried it in months though and haven't tried in android...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0