webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > looking to update from 3.0.4 and preware v1.9.10
looking to update from 3.0.4 and preware v1.9.10

Old 11/05/2012, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ive been out of the country forever, and finally got around to getting back to my touchpad.

1. amazon has a great deal on a the Custom Fit touchpad case (apple smart case), which replaced my Poetic Case, (leather thick) which I love and it only cost $8.00 shipped (around that)

2. I have webos version 3.0.4 and everytime I try to update it wont allow me.
3. Preware wont update as well, it keeps giving me the error code during the webos kernel testing. (The Requested URL returned error 404)

I want it to be all up to date, what do you guys suggest??? sorry been away so long.
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 11:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

update, finally updated to

only issue now is I need to update kalemsoft to the new version (should be able to find that on kalemsoft site)
also govnah isn't holding my overclocking, keeps resetting it. (any ideas)

any idea on the preware update?? also my muffle kernel wont update and when I try to remove it it wont allow it either.
version of preware was 1.9.10
Old 11/06/2012, 03:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

You should have removed all patches/kernels prior to any webOS updates. It's SOP that most people don't know about. There's the emergency patch remover so you can reinstall the patches again, and remove and reinstall whatever kernel you use, providing it's updated for 3.0.5 (which most are).
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You should have removed all patches/kernels prior to any webOS updates. It's SOP that most people don't know about. There's the emergency patch remover so you can reinstall the patches again, and remove and reinstall whatever kernel you use, providing it's updated for 3.0.5 (which most are).
is the emergency patch remover. thanks hopefully that works, will report back.
Old 11/08/2012, 11:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
alright, used the emergency patch remover, and it removed my updates needed for muffle. but I still get this error message when trying to update muffle and ripple.

begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed
-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -I --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...0.4-15_all.ipk 2>&1
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed
-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -I --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....0.4-8_all.ipk 2>&1
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
Old 11/08/2012, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Those are indeed invalid. Tried updating your feeds?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 01:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

updated feeds, but still getting that message went to manage feeds, and didnt see anything out of ordinary. everytime I start preware, i get that
Unable to run command location fail preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/3.0.5/Packages.gz 2>&1

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0