webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Accidentally cracked screen, now it's unresponsive
Accidentally cracked screen, now it's unresponsive

Old 11/04/2012, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Not all of it. I dropped it and it cracked near the top middle, a spiderweb looking crack, and a few long thin ones branching out from there.

Now the top half of the screen isn't responsive.

What can I do?
kess0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 01:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

You probably damaged the digitizer. You'll need to replace the glasstop.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 02:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah the screen colors didn't warp or anything like that

How much does it cost to replace the glass-top and where/how would I go about doing that?
kess0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Here's one off of eBay: US HP Touchpad Touch Pad Digitizer Front Panel Lens Screen Parts Repair Fix | eBay

This is the closest I can find on how to take out the digitizer. It only goes up to the frame, but there shouldn't be too much more to do after that. Installing HP TouchPad Front Panel - Page 2 - iFixit
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Only top half? Lucky. You should have no trouble putting it into Developer Mode and making a back-up using webOS QuickInstal, in case something goes wrong when you open it up to replace the screen.
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0