webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > HP Touchpad chager not work
HP Touchpad chager not work
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mak_solved
  • 1 Post By imfallen_angel

Old 10/30/2012, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

HP Touchpad chager not work
I change new many adaptor & cab micro but not ok.
How to repair it! Thanks all!
n.nha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2012, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe you have a small, phone-sized charger that is 2.5cm in diameter. The Touchpad needs the large charger, 3.5cm in diameter. The two are different, and your Touchpad is charging, but slowly.
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: n.nha
Old 10/31/2012, 03:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Maybe you have a small, phone-sized charger that is 2.5cm in diameter. The Touchpad needs the large charger, 3.5cm in diameter. The two are different, and your Touchpad is charging, but slowly.
Yes, sir. That it true!
I have adaptor+ cab hp touchpad orizin & good but not ok to (chager & usb conect with laptop)

I thing ic chager & usb on mainboard.

Where Hp touchpad schematics download ?

Thanks for help!
n.nha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2012, 10:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

You're overkilling it a bit. The TP is only drawing 500mA from whatever you're using, not the 3000mA from the regular charger. If you're actually using the original charger, make sure the plug is twisted on tightly, and also check your cable. If you don't have one, you should go and buy one. There is also a cable mod you can do, but with an unqualified power supply you'll have problems.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: n.nha
Old 12/01/2012, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have been monitoring the forums to find a solution to charge my 'Touch(e) Pad' that turned into a paper weight for the last 4/5 months and was getting really frustrated trying every suggestion.

Finally, I decided to visit Best Buy yesterday with the TP and see if they can help (the alternative was to drive over the TP and end the agony).

The salesperson was very helpful and suggested I try a 'Dynex - Micro USB: DX-C114201 (serial/model #) and see if it works. She even ripped the package and tried it on the TP, and when it had a snug fit, I decided to to give it a try.

That did the trick!!

I plugged the thing around 7:00 PM and it took about 20/30 minutes before I could log in! by 10:00 PM, it was fully charged.. and working great!!
Good Luck!
mak_solved is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 12/04/2012, 07:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak_solved View Post
I have been monitoring the forums to find a solution to charge my 'Touch(e) Pad' that turned into a paper weight for the last 4/5 months and was getting really frustrated trying every suggestion.

Finally, I decided to visit Best Buy yesterday with the TP and see if they can help (the alternative was to drive over the TP and end the agony).

The salesperson was very helpful and suggested I try a 'Dynex - Micro USB: DX-C114201 (serial/model #) and see if it works. She even ripped the package and tried it on the TP, and when it had a snug fit, I decided to to give it a try.

That did the trick!!

I plugged the thing around 7:00 PM and it took about 20/30 minutes before I could log in! by 10:00 PM, it was fully charged.. and working great!!
Good Luck!
Why would a cable change anything.

There's a few threads that mentions that leaving a Touchpad alone for a few months causes it to completely die, and causes a reset to the charging circuit.

(This is what I'm trying now)

As far as I know, I cannot see why a cable would change anything.. and I've tried multiple cables (testing them with other devices, including my other Touchpad), and all works fine. The dead Touchpad is simply refusing any type of charging.
Liked by Remy X likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0