webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > dongle for HP touchpad in india
dongle for HP touchpad in india

Old 11/03/2012, 05:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medico12 View Post
That's what I've been doing so far.. But considering that the pre3 takes sum 3 mins to restart its rather annoying at times.. Then I guess there should be many like me waiting for a patch to fix this.. Would be really grateful if sumone does it.. Thanks anyway geekpeter..!
part of the slowness of webOS bootup was explained i think in a touchpad thread somewhere, it was noted that webOS when booting prepares and has ready everything needed, such as your wifi/phone/data etc, whereas say android boots the phone/tablet up then if you watch them they attempt connection to phone/data/wifi after the OS is onscreen.

so theres some of your slow bootup right there.....

webOS ready to rock with connections etc the second luna is in your face
android/etc you see it first then have to wait for it to establish connections afterwards.
Old 11/03/2012, 05:59 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
part of the slowness of webOS bootup was explained i think in a touchpad thread somewhere, it was noted that webOS when booting prepares and has ready everything needed, such as your wifi/phone/data etc, whereas say android boots the phone/tablet up then if you watch them they attempt connection to phone/data/wifi after the OS is onscreen.

so theres some of your slow bootup right there.....

webOS ready to rock with connections etc the second luna is in your face
android/etc you see it first then have to wait for it to establish connections afterwards.
Interesting... i wish there was a progress bar though, like on the old MacOS...
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 06:16 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medico12 View Post
That's what I've been doing so far.. But considering that the pre3 takes sum 3 mins to restart its rather annoying at times.. Then I guess there should be many like me waiting for a patch to fix this.. Would be really grateful if sumone does it.. Thanks anyway geekpeter..!
3 minutes? Mine takes 1min 30 to start up, about 10 seconds more to do a reboot.

Talking of patches though, do you have the wifi rollback patch on your Pre3?
Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
webOSnomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0