1.    #1  
    Is there a thread already explaining how to install Linux on the TP? If not has anyone done it? Its my last ditch effort to really be able to use this as a tool rather than a big solitaire playing machine. I can share my phones internet connection and then use my TP IF i could get it to work with an adhoc signal. Going the android route is not even a choice as far as im concerned.

Or has someone came up with a hack to fix this?

However, since ive never used Linux as an OS before, would it allow me to bypass the above issue or should i just wait for the MS Surface Pro and sell this when i get it.
  2.    #3  
    Ugh... guess ill have to read the whole thing to see if its what i want. Basicially id rather either dual boot, or single boot with it.

Thanks for the link though
    Easy Autoconfiguration for Ubuntu

a more up to date set of instructions (script currently only works 100% with 11.04, you can udpate the release version afterwards np) and also worth a read.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4.    #5  
    Thanks, ill look at it later
    If you are not going to be a heavy user on linux, you can install it as a img file then run ubuntu(mount it) in a card.

I know the instruccions are in the forum, but I will put the link.

Touchpad Fans: Ubuntu on TP

I have been using it once in a while and from there I run chrome and VLC.

Hope it helps
    Quote Originally Posted by furball zen View Post
    Is there a thread already explaining how to install Linux on the TP? If not has anyone done it? Its my last ditch effort to really be able to use this as a tool rather than a big solitaire playing machine. I can share my phones internet connection and then use my TP IF i could get it to work with an adhoc signal. Going the android route is not even a choice as far as im concerned.

Or has someone came up with a hack to fix this?

However, since ive never used Linux as an OS before, would it allow me to bypass the above issue or should i just wait for the MS Surface Pro and sell this when i get it.
    Well, depending on what you mean by wanting to use linux, the kernel is linux and most of the linux utilities are already installed (unlike a typical android install - at least the few I've played with). Enable developer mode and conect in with novaterm via USB. Or load dropbear and connect in via ssh (or even ssh in over bluetooth).

If you want to be able to install normal desktop apps and run them then you'll need to go the Ubuntu route....

edc
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent Hewlett-Packard or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own warped point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP and Palm.
  7.    #8  
    No i want to bypass the inability of being able to connect to an ad-hoc wifi signal. Thought that was clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by furball zen View Post
    No i want to bypass the inability of being able to connect to an ad-hoc wifi signal. Thought that was clear.
    Sorry - missed that in your original post....

edc
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent Hewlett-Packard or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own warped point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP and Palm.