Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 1 Post By dfbaskwill
  • 3 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    I tried to install an app on the Touchpad and got a message of a failed installbecause there wasn't enough space (I'm not even half full). I was instructed to go to USB connection on the PC and navigate to the file and delete it. Which file? I see nothing connected to the app I tried to install.
  2.    #2  
    Any other apps I try to install with the App Catalog get the same message. The app is then listed in the software manager as "failed to install". All other functions of the device seem normal. Well, as normal as "normal" anyway. I deleted movies and books and am only 1/4 of the total filled.
    search the forums for various threads on "application database full" and the likes, its probably not your internal space thats full and you likely just need some temporary files removed, there are numerous posts, the easyest being the deletion of several archives and log files.

heres a snippet of what i do first, using InternalZ i do the following.

/var/log
    and delete ALL messages.blahblah, ie, messages, messages.0.gz, messages.1.gz etc

/var/luna/data
    and delete filenotify.db and downloadhistory.db

/var/file-cache/attachment
    delete the whole folder, then re-create the attachment folder with the exact name, the subfolders inside you may have seen before wiping it will just auto recreate when required.

FULL device reboot after their all deleted, some reported they needed more than 1.

also note if this doesnt work there is a post where you need to do a bit more tekkie stuff to make the issue go away or at least slow it down a hell of a lot.

Workaround for Application Database is Full error | webOS Nation

read it totally, see if its something you can do, and proceed if you dont mind making a hash of things and potentially doing something bad (shouldnt be an issue if done 100% correctly, just dont rush), if you have no problem with it go right ahead, if your not confident maybe just try removing some of the stuff i mentioned above and hoping that works for a while, until a better more automated method becomes available.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    dfbaskwill likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    search the forums for various threads on "application database full" and the likes, its probably not your internal space thats full and you likely just need some temporary files removed, there are numerous posts, the easyest being the deletion of several archives and log files.

/var/log
    and delete ALL messages.blahblah, ie, messages, messages.0.gz, messages.1.gz etc

/var/luna/data

delete the whole folder, then re-create the attachment folder with the exact name, the subfolders inside you may have seen before wiping it will just auto recreate when required.

FULL device reboot after their all deleted, some reported they needed more than 1.

also note if this doesnt work there is a post where you need to do a bit more tekkie stuff to make the issue go away or at least slow it down a hell of a lot.

read it totally, see if its something you can do, and proceed if you dont mind making a hash of things and potentially doing something bad (shouldnt be an issue if done 100% correctly, just dont rush), if you have no problem with it go right ahead, if your not confident maybe just try removing some of the stuff i mentioned above and hoping that works for a while, until a better more automated method becomes available.
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm not very tech savvy, but I'll be able to try the easy stuff this afternoon. The people on this forum never cease to amaze me! (Wish this ***** luck while you are at it!)
    kataran likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post

/var/log

/var/luna/data

I don't have Internalz on the Touchpad, what to do? The tekkie stuff is out of my league too. So frustrating.
  6.    #6  
    I downloaded Internalz Pro and deleted some of the /var files and it worked. You guys are amazing! Can't thank you enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfbaskwill View Post
    I downloaded Internalz Pro and deleted some of the /var files and it worked. You guys are amazing! Can't thank you enough.
    and the next time around when someone else has the same issue, your that much likely to be one of the ones that can explain a possible solution.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  8.    #8  
    One baby step at a time, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfbaskwill View Post
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm not very tech savvy, but I'll be able to try the easy stuff this afternoon. The people on this forum never cease to amaze me! (Wish this ***** luck while you are at it!)
    this forum is straight up Gangster

they take webOS use to an extreme level

my first and foremost site of daily knowledge
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship