Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I stepped on my Tp and now when there is some digital lines stuck on screen. If I hold power button the screen will go dark and when I try to turn back on I get more lines showing on the screen. There are no system sounds coming from Tp at all and other than the lines there is no other activity on screen at all. When plugged into pc there is no reaction from pc at all. I have about a week left in my basic labour warranty. Do I call HP for warranty or am I wasting my time because they will say i physically damaged it even though there is no outward sign of physical damage to Tp? If I call them I should probably leave the part out about stepping on it right? From what I remember they take my credit card info. Do I risk being charged for service and then they still refuse to service it?
    Last edited by leif; 10/24/2012 at 04:45 PM.
    Might as well give it a shot, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    Might as well give it a shot, right?
    call corporate offices and they will hook you up. But you might have to argue with them about it a little while. I had a demo HP touchpad and after me bring up how the destroyed webOS they gave me a 1 time repair for free!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I just called HP at 877 426 3777. They charged me $15 for phone fee. I was hooping it refunded after we determined it was a hardware problem and not a software problem but I was told fee would remain. Oh well. Fortunataly I'm still within warranty barely by just a few days to spare. I was told to await email within next 24 hrs to give me further instructions on how to return. I forgot to ask if I'm paying for shipping also.
    Sounds like you may have damaged the LCD, which is odd because you would think you would have to crack the digitiser first. To buy a new LCD it will cost you over 100 dollars, which is not worth it. You could try calling HP, but chances are they will not help you. You could however sell the touchpad's parts. There is quite a bit of good stuff inside the touchpad you could sell separately on ebay and whatnot.