webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > TP alive again after low batt death sentence
TP alive again after low batt death sentence

Old 10/15/2012, 05:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Well I messed up and let my TP batt get low and got the low batt death sentence notification. Very briefly tried the reg charger. Nothing. I charged it for 15 min on cell phone car cig lighter on way to work. Nothing. Put it back on reg charger for 30min then pushed power button and center button until it kind of reset but still had the low batt death sentence deal going on. (kept it on charger while doing button deal). Well, 30 min later, I went to show a coworker what a hopeless TP looks like and I"ll be dam'd if the the thing started working. Maybe I was just lucky, but anytime a TP comes back to life after the low batt death sentence notification, it needs to be written up. Got a full charge on it now and am a very happy camper. Hope this helps someone.
Eric 32gb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2012, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric 32gb View Post
Well I messed up and let my TP batt get low and got the low batt death sentence notification. Very briefly tried the reg charger. Nothing. I charged it for 15 min on cell phone car cig lighter on way to work. Nothing. Put it back on reg charger for 30min then pushed power button and center button until it kind of reset but still had the low batt death sentence deal going on. (kept it on charger while doing button deal). Well, 30 min later, I went to show a coworker what a hopeless TP looks like and I"ll be dam'd if the the thing started working. Maybe I was just lucky, but anytime a TP comes back to life after the low batt death sentence notification, it needs to be written up. Got a full charge on it now and am a very happy camper. Hope this helps someone.
The exact same thing happened to me over the summer - let the Touchpad sit for a few weeks because I thought it was dead. Went to finally try WEBOS Doctor and boom, it magically fixed itself.
ChrisWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well, it's been weeks now, and I still can't get mine to wake up...

I've had it on every chargers I have, for minutes, for hours, had it on a power bar, flicking in on and off try to get it to wake up, it's been sitting for a couple of weeks, retried, still nothing, so now back to sitting on my desk for a few weeks.

The only sign of life I have is if I have it plugged in the computer and I do the power/volume up/center button, I have the computer that makes a sound as it's trying to see what's plugged in, but nothing more.
Old 11/02/2012, 02:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
Well, it's been weeks now, and I still can't get mine to wake up...

I've had it on every chargers I have, for minutes, for hours, had it on a power bar, flicking in on and off try to get it to wake up, it's been sitting for a couple of weeks, retried, still nothing, so now back to sitting on my desk for a few weeks.

The only sign of life I have is if I have it plugged in the computer and I do the power/volume up/center button, I have the computer that makes a sound as it's trying to see what's plugged in, but nothing more.
A lot of people have reported this and my understanding is that in most cases keeping all three buttons (post, volume and centre button) for 15 seconds usually does the trick. It is supposed to reset something that allows the TP to start charging again. Do this with the TP on a plug charger. In any case look it up on the web because many people have had this, but I think most managed to revive their devices
kkalogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 11:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

I feel compelled to insert one other variable into the mix. I found that my mini USB plug doesn't always get a good bite onto the receptacle in the TP so I had to pinch the metal plug slightly to get it to seat better. If you are having charging problems, you will want to make sure you're not having trouble coming back from the stone-cold dead battery issue compounded by pushing all the right buttons with a charger plug that isn't delivering juice.
mcdunnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2012, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkalogia View Post
A lot of people have reported this and my understanding is that in most cases keeping all three buttons (post, volume and centre button) for 15 seconds usually does the trick. It is supposed to reset something that allows the TP to start charging again. Do this with the TP on a plug charger. In any case look it up on the web because many people have had this, but I think most managed to revive their devices
Well, I've tried to find and try all the methods that I've been able to find (as per my last post)... and I've just been very unlucky, nothing has worked yet.

I'm going to try again this weekend, but if still nothing I guess I'll try to leave it for more than just a month, and then try again.

The last thing I haven't done is open it and try to change the battery off the Touchpad via a battery charger.
Old 11/03/2012, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
Well, I've tried to find and try all the methods that I've been able to find (as per my last post)... and I've just been very unlucky, nothing has worked yet.

I'm going to try again this weekend, but if still nothing I guess I'll try to leave it for more than just a month, and then try again.

The last thing I haven't done is open it and try to change the battery off the Touchpad via a battery charger.
If you have the skills to open it and force it to charge then it could be a solution, otherwise that should be the last resort. DIg some more on the net you might find something that you missed. I am no sure if this is a problem of your device. I for example let my TP die from battery today to do a full charge and recalibrate the battery/indicator. At first it would not open although i did the power button+volume+centre button routine, but after a while the charging battery icon came up and after another 10-15 minutes it booted by itself. The three button routine is supposed to reset the TP to allow it to charge, i am wondering if this isn't working for you hence the inability to start it up. Maybe it's worth trying out different chargers, not just different usb cables. Also people have reported faulty (kind of, not exaclty) chargers. Here are a couple of threads, most probably you have read them, but maybe there is something you missed, best of luck.

[Q] Touchpad won't turn on - home+power doesn't work - xda-developers

Touchpad won't charge / turn on! HELP!
kkalogia is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0