1.    #1  
    Having problems with websites loading slow or not fully loading. Even updated router to a newer dual band but no help.
    Try placing your TP next to the router and see if it's a connection issue.
  3.    #3  
    Doesn't matter if I'm right next to if.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidb58 View Post
    Having problems with websites loading slow or not fully loading. Even updated router to a newer dual band but no help.
    No worries its not your TouchPad tablet at all, its WebOS operating system browser engine that is old and outdated that gives out that problem. The best advice will be to get used to it, don't worry about it much because there is no way to fix it. Sadly enough, the stock browser is stinky at best when loading up pages...sometimes I have to close the application and re-open it for the page to load at all. And if the page loads up, it renders it inappropriately. Frustrating.......

However, you got to get used to it(like all in WebOS). Unfortunately, HP has decided upon the WebOS Team that we[users] of the device called 'TouchPad' won't get any upgrades. We were going to get the Isis Engine browser (not anymore), which performance-wise has shown that the newer updated engine found in Isis gives a boost when it comes to loading websites and HTML5 rendering.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidb58 View Post
    In addition to my own post, I wanted to add a video from YouTube that shows the real power of the Isis Engine browser running on the TouchPad WebOS 3.0.5. I wanted to demonstrate that of what I'm mentioning is not lies at all, the improvements within the QtWebkit browser(known to many within the developer community as 'Isis Engine' is pretty impressive speeds when loading websites and among other improvements such as support for tabs.

Within the video, skip the first minutes and head down straight to minute number 4:00... from there you get a glimpse of the Isis Engine for the HP TouchPad and how fast it is.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8xDn16RA9Y[/YT]

I just hope that someone gets the new browser engine and incorporate it into an application for WebOS....we really need a new browser for WebOS
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    In addition to my own post, I wanted to add a video from YouTube that shows the real power of the Isis Engine browser running on the TouchPad WebOS 3.0.5. I wanted to demonstrate that of what I'm mentioning is not lies at all, the improvements within the QtWebkit browser(known to many within the developer community as 'Isis Engine' is pretty impressive speeds when loading websites and among other improvements such as support for tabs.

Within the video, skip the first minutes and head down straight to minute number 4:00... from there you get a glimpse of the Isis Engine for the HP TouchPad and how fast it is.

I just hope that someone gets the new browser engine and incorporate it into an application for WebOS....we really need a new browser for WebOS
    The new browser is being worked upon by Donald Kirker. I'm pretty sure he is the only guy that has expertise in this area (and he did work on webOS to boot) so progress will be (quite rightly) limited to whatever time he has to spare.

From my understanding of the work, it is likely to appear alongside or part of the CE edition of webOS. I have no idea how far along the work is as my knowledge of Linux, Makefiles, QT etc is in a word: "none".

I appreciate you are peed off about the whole webOS situation, but realistically that passion is better used in trying to get other developers on board to assist webOS internals / ports, not to moan about HP (as we all feel the same way about this sorry situation).