1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,
    I dropped my touchpad and everything was working all right until i realised that the part of screen right of the webcam was not responsive to my touch. the display is all right and i also tried restarting it.
    IT STILL THE SAME!

THX in advance
    Verify by doing diagnostics: Go into Device Info, the from the app menu tap "Diagnostics...", then tap "Touch Sensors", and run your finger over all the squares. Also remember to tap "Flip" and do the top.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Verify by doing diagnostics: Go into Device Info, the from the app menu tap "Diagnostics...", then tap "Touch Sensors", and run your finger over all the squares. Also remember to tap "Flip" and do the top.
    Thank you gmman,
    I did do the test and half the squares remained black,
    please suggest what i need to do now.
    You'll need to get it repaired. You can either call up HP (I think their rate is $250), crack it open yourself, or if you can find someone, have them do the repair. I can't tell you what the exact problem it, but it's most likely to either be a disconnected/damaged cable or an actually broken digitizer.
    if you carefully remove the back cover you will see 2 ribbons with clips. Those are your touch screen ribbons that do what your saying about the black squares and its highly likely that when you dropped it one of the ribbon clips popped up and is not making connection. If you attempt this be very careull as the slender clip will fall off. If its still there just push down on the clip so it snaps back on. The hardest part is putting the cover back on with out pulling the ribbons loose again. I almost went balled pulling my hair out putting it back together. Good luck!
    I almost went balled
    LOL! Gave me a good laugh!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I did the same..slipped off the couch. Now after a few minutes the screen begins to lose touch control...can even prevent me from shutting down. I did all the above tests and everything is fine...just the tests, not opening the unit. Any ideas???
    When I put my touchpad together after replacing the touchscreen digitiser (it got smashed), i plugged the two ribbon cables into the touchpad, and turned it on. However, most of my screen didnt work, only small parts. Come to realise later that one of the ribbon cables was not properly secured in place. This problem has something to do with one of these ribbon cables coming out of place. However, this seems like it would be rather difficult to do without opening it, you would have to drop it pretty hard i think, because they are locked into place with little tabs. To try to fix this, your going to have to take it apart, which, if done correctly, doesnt take very long, as the ribbon cables are right inside after you open it.
    http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installi...Pad+LCD/6073/1
    Follow those steps to open it, then inspect the ribbon cables. When prying, you are likely to hear some cracking noises, which is glue breaking, most likely not the clips. You may want to get some super glue to glue the clips back into place once done. Good luck. post any more questions here if you need help.
    ...seems that if I let the pad sit for awhile...10-20 minutes I get control again...for awhile at least????
    It's possible that once the touchpad heats up a bit, the lose connection breaks and you lose touch screen responsiveness. Just a guess though.
    Quote Originally Posted by markman090 View Post
    It's possible that once the touchpad heats up a bit, the lose connection breaks and you lose touch screen responsiveness. Just a guess though.
    Thanks for help...could be the issue.