1.    #1  
    The last week or so my HP TP won't shut down. Trying to turn it off does not work.

Okay that I can live with IF no virus, etc.
    Second problem is "Can't open MIME types.". Well tried to install internalz - THAT is not working.

Starting to get frustrated.

Spent entire afternoon trying to get this done. Now realize I need help. All I really want to do is open several PDFs on my HP TP. Love it otherwise.

HELP!!!
    Hold the power and center buttons for 15 seconds to force a reboot. Note that doing this isn't good for the TP, because it does not allow the file system to finish writing back, and would lead to a slightly longer boot time until you manually run a disk check.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Hold the power and center buttons for 15 seconds to force a reboot. Note that doing this isn't good for the TP, because it does not allow the file system to finish writing back, and would lead to a slightly longer boot time until you manually run a disk check.
    What do you use & how do you run a disk check? Connecting it to a PC and having it do the TouchPad disk check?
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    What do you use & how do you run a disk check? Connecting it to a PC and having it do the TouchPad disk check?
    No, you boot off the installer ramdisk and shell in, and run fs-ck on /dev/mapper/store-root, /dev/mapper/store-var, /dev/mapper/store-log, and /dev/mapper/store-media. For whatever reason the partitions are checked during boot, but not repaired if there are problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    No, you boot off the installer ramdisk and shell in, and run fs-ck on /dev/mapper/store-root, /dev/mapper/store-var, /dev/mapper/store-log, and /dev/mapper/store-media. For whatever reason the partitions are checked during boot, but not repaired if there are problems.
    What about running disk check on a phone...say a Pre2? Is this the same process?

I should mention, I don't know how to do what you are suggesting anyway.

Is there a guide to such intricate operations I should review before destroying my phone...maybe a wiki or some such guide?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    What about running disk check on a phone...say a Pre2? Is this the same process?

I should mention, I don't know how to do what you are suggesting anyway.

Is there a guide to such intricate operations I should review before destroying my phone...maybe a wiki or some such guide?
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about a pre3.
    Heck, I can't even figure out how to doctor it. Most of the threads involve people that are already quite knowledgeable, so its tough to pick it up if you aren't following all the time