webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > HP touchpad charger uk
HP touchpad charger uk
Like Tree3Likes

Old 10/04/2012, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi where can I buy a Replacement charger for touchpad uk price and uk online

I tried looking on up but no luck can't find one

Please help
Coolrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2012, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think the webOS Nation store might carry some. I don't know where they ship to, though.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2012, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I think the webOS Nation store might carry some. I don't know where they ship to, though.
Do you have a direct linkBand they all seem like they have 2 pin plugs. I need a three pin
Old 10/04/2012, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks but........ A review suggests its not 2amp

This is indeed not for the hp touchpad - the voltage and amp is incorrect and the touchpad will complain about the charger when connected.
It is an official HP charger (for the palm) so the build quality is good.

This is just 1A, 5V adapter and suitable for Palm (as it's written in the adapter - check the image uploaded by me). The usual HP touchpad adapter supports 2A and offers faster charging. This is NOT meant for touchpad. The box also clearly states 'hp international power charger'. If you use this for touchpad, charging will be quite slow. On the other hand, this is a well-designed international adapter that suits many smartphones. This may also work well for the Raspberry Pi model B that requires ~700mA, but I'd recommend a 2A adapter.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-...x=0&isremote=0

Last edited by Coolrocks; 10/04/2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10/04/2012, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolrocks View Post
Thanks but........ A review suggests its not 2amp

This is indeed not for the hp touchpad - the voltage and amp is incorrect and the touchpad will complain about the charger when connected.
It is an official HP charger (for the palm) so the build quality is good.

This is just 1A, 5V adapter and suitable for Palm (as it's written in the adapter - check the image uploaded by me). The usual HP touchpad adapter supports 2A and offers faster charging. This is NOT meant for touchpad. The box also clearly states 'hp international power charger'. If you use this for touchpad, charging will be quite slow. On the other hand, this is a well-designed international adapter that suits many smartphones. This may also work well for the Raspberry Pi model B that requires ~700mA, but I'd recommend a 2A adapter.

Customer Image Gallery for HP TouchPad International Travel Kit
Buy the North America one if you can:
Amazon.com: HP North American Power Charger for HP TouchPad: Computers & Accessories

the removable plugs can be attached to the NA one too.
And webOS Nation store ships to UK.
60RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2012, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
Buy the North America one if you can:
Amazon.com: HP North American Power Charger for HP TouchPad: Computers & Accessories

the removable plugs can be attached to the NA one too.
And webOS Nation store ships to UK.
Yeh but the voltage. Is different in the us plugs and it's working out more as the NA charger then buy the adaptor
Old 10/04/2012, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

The one that came with my TP is universal, so I imagine this would be the same. The only difference between the versions is the tip.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 10/04/2012, 12:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
The one that came with my TP is universal, so I imagine this would be the same. The only difference between the versions is the tip.
Really so same voltage etc etc

So what plug tip do I need to buy to use the charger you have in the uk because you have two pins can you link me to the link for making it work in uk

So what your saying is plug that barrel type charger into another plug adaptor ? Won't loading the converter plug which has a 10amp fuse with the us charger with the fuse in that surely that would overload the socket right?

Also look the pin are square on the us plug.

And dont fit this adaptor.

The adaptor seems to work only with 2 pins that are rounded and not square like on the NA charger

Also I though all USA plugs were rounded tips like the plug show in the adaptor and not square type what changed here

Last edited by Coolrocks; 10/04/2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10/04/2012, 02:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

any iPad charger should work so long as it's got a USB socket.
hagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2012, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have no idea where they may sell the Uk version. However, if your trying to replace a broken one, I would suggest that you start by just replacing the USB Micro Usb cord. I have 2 touchpads and both of the chargers cords died. The actual converter plug is fine and so I picked up 2 new cords for about $3 american including taxes and shipping.
Lab_R4t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2012, 03:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagster View Post
any iPad charger should work so long as it's got a USB socket.
Thanks lab but I need the whole thing I don't even have the plug

Thankyou thankyou Yeh but is the iPad charger 2 amp like they suggest to use on the play book

Like this guy is complaining in a review of a charger

Old 10/04/2012, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

So what plug tip do I need to buy to use the charger you have in the uk because you have two pins can you link me to the link for making it work in uk

So what your saying is plug that barrel type charger into another plug adaptor ? Won't loading the converter plug which has a 10amp fuse with the us charger with the fuse in that surely that would overload the socket right?

Also look the pin are square on the us plug. Click to view quoted image

And dont fit this adaptor. Click to view quoted image

The adaptor seems to work only with 2 pins that are rounded and not square like on the NA charger

Also I though all USA plugs were rounded tips like the plug show in the adaptor and not square type what changed here
All NA plugs have square tips. In Canada, some of them have a wider blade on one side than the other (called a polarized plug).
Old 10/04/2012, 03:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
All NA plugs have square tips. In Canada, some of them have a wider blade on one side than the other (called a polarized plug).
So what plug are they showing in that picture what country does the round style two pin plugs belong to
Old 10/04/2012, 03:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

Also look the pin are square on the us plug. Click to view quoted image

And dont fit this adaptor. Click to view quoted image

Get the international kit (1.0A) and the NA one (2A).
I know it's getting expensive and you end up with to adapters- one for phones and one for TP.
I wish I could buy the international kit but I can't.
Anyway if you have the TP charger either it's NA or UK version you can get universal one
like this one.

Les elegant and it adds bulk to the package but it works just as good.
60RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2012, 03:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
So what plug are they showing in that picture what country does the round style two pin plugs belong to
I'd suggest reading up this on Wikipedia: Mains electricity by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the type of thing I'm thinking of. It's out of stock, but it's exactly what you'd need. Nothing complicated, just plug on the wall and plug in a charger. Worldwide/US to UK Travel Adapter Plug Converter: Amazon.ca: Electronics
Old 10/04/2012, 03:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
Get the international kit (1.0A) and the NA one (2A).
I know it's getting expensive and you end up with to adapters- one for phones and one for TP.
I wish I could buy the international kit but I can't.
Anyway if you have the TP charger either it's NA or UK version you can get universal one
like this oneClick to view quoted image

Les elegant and it adds bulk to the package but it works just as good.
Why don't up just sell the uk charger on there store? And no where to get it in uk they all seem like the barrel shape what does the uk charger look like anyway

Don't anyone know a 5 amp USB to mini charger for the tp like a phone charger etc
Old 10/04/2012, 03:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd suggest reading up this on Wikipedia: Mains electricity by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the type of thing I'm thinking of. It's out of stock, but it's exactly what you'd need. Nothing complicated, just plug on the wall and plug in a charger. Worldwide/US to UK Travel Adapter Plug Converter: Amazon.ca: Electronics
I will have to pay tax charges if I order the one from amazon USA store the hp barrel shape charger
Old 10/04/2012, 03:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I will have to pay tax charges if I order the one from amazon USA store the hp barrel shape charger
All I can say is search around. If you're desperate for one, you may have to order internationally.
Old 10/04/2012, 03:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Why don't up just sell the uk charger on there store? And no where to get it in uk they all seem like the barrel shape what does the uk charger look like anyway
I thought all the TP chargers were barrel shaped... the international pictures I saw all were barrel shaped with the interchangeable plug piece that is like 1/4inch or so, but the bigger part is supposed to be internationally the same.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0