Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jor3lBR
  1.    #1  
    [solved] [Q] Help on Touchpad's Reboot Loop Reset Loop

    Hi guys,

    I started having this issue that every-time I use the Touchpad on CM9 or WebOS it just freezes and reboots/resets...

    Take a look:
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVIw4GUtJ7o[/YT]

    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtA8N68we08[/YT]

    No mater what I do (I've tried this Fix Bricked HP TouchPad - Recovering Software Bricked TouchPad it always goes back to reboot/reset loop as soon as I start to use it.

    I have this Touchpad since new and never had any issues in the pass.

    I would like some pointers in what can I do to repair, is the problem at the mainboard? memory? hdd? <staff edit>
    Last edited by Jor3lBR; 10/15/2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Removed link and bolding
  2. #2  
    Maybe it's a hardware problem. Maybe you could boot to the installer ramdisk and make a script to do an infinite loop. The ramdisk instructions are in the guide linked from my signature, and here's a page with code for infinite loops: Bash Infinite Loop Examples. Use vi, copy it in, and run it, and see how long it lasts. Just don't run it for too long, or you'll be out of battery.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Maybe it's a hardware problem. Maybe you could boot to the installer ramdisk and make a script to do an infinite loop. The ramdisk instructions are in the guide linked from my signature, and here's a page with code for infinite loops: Bash Infinite Loop Examples. Use vi, copy it in, and run it, and see how long it lasts. Just don't run it for too long, or you'll be out of battery.
    I'll try your tip, thanks!

    If it's a Hardware problem who can fix it besides HP?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    If it's a Hardware problem who can fix it besides HP?
    I would say it depends on what hardware is acting up. Most likely it's something on the main board, so you'll have to find someone who will sell you a new board. But that's like purchasing an entirely new TouchPad, and you'll have to transfer the contents of the flash chip over (including tokens) if you want to have everything working the exact same.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    Hi guys,

    I started having this issue that every-time I use the Touchpad on CM9 or WebOS it just freezes and reboots/resets...

    No mater what I do (I've tried this Fix Bricked HP TouchPad - Recovering Software Bricked TouchPad it always goes back to reboot/reset loop as soon as I start to use it.

    I have this Touchpad since new and never had any issues in the pass.

    I would like some pointers in what can I do to repair, is the problem at the mainboard? memory? hdd? <staff edit>
    What is the version of Nightly Build that you're running on your Touchpad?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmernator View Post
    What is the version of Nightly Build that you're running on your Touchpad?
    Hi I was able to fix it finally!

    Because I paid $115 refurb for this brand new I didn't want to send anywhere to pay over $200 for repairs...

    So I followed this guide:
    HP TouchPad Take Apart Repair Guide Be careful not to brake the clips!

    After opening the TP I removed the mainboard only.

    I placed the mainboard only inside a non-stick foil paper and placed it in the oven at 395o.F for 10 minutes (like I used to do to my broken video cards in the old days)...

    After that I let it rest and the following morning I put everything back together!

    Amazingly the TP powered up right away and now is free of the reboot loop issues!!!!!!

    I couldn't believe it but it did work.

    My conclusion is that is was a hardware error, most likely weak solder joints in the MB.
    con500 likes this.

Posting Permissions