webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > The new HP Slate
The new HP Slate
Like Tree12Likes

Old 10/01/2012, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Well....here it is...

HP announces the ElitePad 900, a business-friendly Windows 8 tablet arriving in January -- Engadget

mdram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just going to leave this here

HP announces the ElitePad 900, a business-friendly Windows 8 tablet arriving in January -- Engadget

Thoughts?
d0u8l3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
Everyone saw it, the announcements of the new tablet from HP. It just boils my blood to see HP try out with Windows 8 tablets, instead of creating WebOS tablets that runs on Open WebOS.

I Hate you HP, I HOPE YOU FAIL WITH YOUR MICROSOFT TABLET YOU STUPID HP.

Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 10/01/2012 at 01:56 AM.
PalmPixi_User23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 01:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

<threads merged>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 01:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

It looks so.... bland.
1.5lbs is heavy and 1280x800... is this 2011?
No usb port.

Way to go HP... way to go...
laoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 01:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

its a tablet aimed at the corporate market aimed to fit in with Windows environments, not consumers which I'm guessing is why its not so "sexy"
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 10/01/2012, 01:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Everyone say it, the announcements of the new tablet from HP. It just boils my blood to see HP try out with Windows 8 tablets, instead of creating WebOS tablets that runs on Open WebOS.

Not 'everyone' is as bitter and twisted as you

you're entitled to your opinion, but don't lump me in with "everyone"
Liked by Garrett92C likes this.
Thanked By: Garrett92C
Old 10/01/2012, 02:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

To be honest I really like the way they've done the notebook-tablet-combination with the connectors on it's touchstone. I wouldn't care about such a weight as I am happy with the weight of the TouchPad for all the time.
HelmutsKohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 05:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoh View Post
It looks so.... bland.
No usb port.

Why would there be a USB port on a tablet? They are already going to sell a smart case with it that has 2 usb 1 hdmi out and optional external battery
boovish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 08:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Everyone saw it, the announcements of the new tablet from HP. It just boils my blood to see HP try out with Windows 8 tablets, instead of creating WebOS tablets that runs on Open WebOS.

lololol

"you mad bro"

I dont even like windows 8. I mean im a webos fan as much as the next guy but i mean come on its a mobile operating system.
d0u8l3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by xandros9 and Garrett92C like this.
Old 10/01/2012, 12:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
its a tablet aimed at the corporate market aimed to fit in with Windows environments, not consumers which I'm guessing is why its not so "sexy"
guessing it will rely heavily on EAS services, most of the data will be stored on the network and synced to device.

Even the PCs at my work are all based around network drives and EAS. My C drive is a 148 gig drive, I have access to TBs of storage on the network, SOP for enterprise use.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
gbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoh View Post
It looks so.... bland.
No usb port.

Do you realize that you can safely drop the tablet from 3 ft height ? Its not for consumers, its for business folks.
gbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 12:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbp View Post
Do you realize that you can safely drop the tablet from 3 ft height ? Its not for consumers, its for business folks.
Well...as long as I can still play Angry Birds on it...

mdram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

But it can't do the windows 8 snap thing :-( Not enough DPI's.

HP's Windows 8 tablet has a fatal flaw | PCWorld
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by xandros9 likes this.
Old 10/01/2012, 01:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twack View Post
But it can't do the windows 8 snap thing :-( Not enough DPI's.

HP's Windows 8 tablet has a fatal flaw | PCWorld
ROFLMAO hahahaha at least we now know HP doesn't just mess up new product launches under Apotheker, Meg can mess them up as well.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 01:58 PM   #16 (permalink)

What irks me the most about this is not that it's running windows 8 and not webOS.

I'm coming to realize (to be honest have already realized but refusing to believe it) that webOS as we have all known it is dead. At least for the reasons that I came to love it.

No what irks me the most is the effort hp put into the hardware of this product as opposed to the touch pad hardwar... The latter was a half *** effort of a reject android hardware that was changed to run WEBOS.

I cannot emphasize how much I hate hp. I know it's just a company and webOS is just an operating system and life goes on but hp just leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.
MDsmartphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by PalmPixi_User23 likes this.
Old 10/01/2012, 01:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
ROFLMAO hahahaha at least we now know HP doesn't just mess up new product launches under Apotheker, Meg can mess them up as well.
Truly shows the stupidity of HP, what a joke this company of HP really is to skip such crucial functionality that users could take advantage when using Windows 8. Again shows what kind of leadership runs HP, incompetent ones.... Sad for WebOS that still at the hands of HP

101 reasons to hate HP even more...lol
Old 10/01/2012, 04:22 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
What irks me the most about this is not that it's running windows 8 and not webOS.

I'm coming to realize (to be honest have already realized but refusing to believe it) that webOS as we have all known it is dead. At least for the reasons that I came to love it.

No what irks me the most is the effort hp put into the hardware of this product as opposed to the touch pad hardwar... The latter was a half *** effort of a reject android hardware that was changed to run WEBOS.

I cannot emphasize how much I hate hp. I know it's just a company and webOS is just an operating system and life goes on but hp just leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.
Im gonna disagree with you on the touchpad. I think it was a great tablet at the time. Still use mine everyday. Think webOS was great on it, and am happy they made it even if for a brief point in time. I feel price was the only real problem with the touchpad. I believe it would have been a hit if priced reasonably. Using it to type this right now!
creepingmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, OldSkoolVWLover, khazoury and 1 others like this.
Old 10/01/2012, 05:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbp View Post
You can safely drop a lot of electronics from 3 feet... if you do it right
webos_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 06:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
i just dreamed up an AWESOME conspiracy theory:

The hardware market is drying up as consumers move to portable. IBM pushed hardware off to Lenovo; Dell is buying little cloud co's like crazy and stuffing them into their Dell Services portfolio. HP was prepared to do similar with Leo, until the consumer backlash scared the Board. Unsure which basket to move their eggs, from desktop hardware to mobile hardware to cloud services, they dropped a bunch, including Palm's good reputation which they just paid handsomely for.

Meg's recovery plan apparently was to throw WebOS under the bus, in favor of Win8. With the constant barrage of attacks on IE and Apple and Android's marketplace domination, MS did not need competition from the ONLY OS WITH THE STYLE AND EASE THAT COULD HAVE FINALLY REPLACED WINDOWS AS THE 'STANDARD FOR THE MASSES', webOS!!!

lol

so - Microsoft had HP kill webOS - because webOS 4.0 would have killed Win8 and freed us from Windows forever!

HP = ache pee!
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0