Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I'm wondering how I can put the Touchpad in diagnostics mode to use with QPST. I've read some things about it in the Touchpad 4g thread but can any tell me how to JUST enable diagnostics mode for a regular Touchpad.
    you want to do what ? Run diagnostics tests? Or you want to put into dev mode? I'm not understanding what you want ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you want to do what ? Run diagnostics tests? Or you want to put into dev mode? I'm not understanding what you want ?
    This is even more lower level then that, QPST allows access to Qualcomm chipset (cell radio).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I need to put it in diagnostics mode so I can have someone make a backup of the Touchpad internals so we can restore to bricked question mark of death android touchpads via QPST in download mode.
    that's far beyond anything I know how to do lol. You should ask someone from webOS internals about that.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I heard somewhere from the forums that holding Vol- would work, but the one time I did it didn't do anything. (Also was plugged in while trying to get into bootloader mode, and weird stuff like the TP shutting off in the middle of boot and unplugging it literally is like unplugging a desktop PC happens.) However I think I found a reference to using tellbootie to boot into QPST while digging around the root filesystem. You might also be able to get there if you boot to USB Recovery mode (/sbin/recover), and type commands using a device shell with novacom and see if you can get something going.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Okay so no one seems to get what I mean but whatever reading the Touchpad 4g thread and it appears they tried to unlock their Touchpads through Diagnostics mode but I haven't found the how to for getting to that mode.
    It is not Diagnostics mode ... but anyway ... Vol- is the key...
    ...but to get into this mode go into bootie first ... then novaterm to device (while USB logo is on the screen) ... hold Vol- and run (in novaterm) 'reset'
    Code:
    ] reset
    platform_write_to_wall: Unhandled reason ()
    Wall message(Boot reason) = 0x6f656d44 ("reboot")
    Code:
    [166838.320074] usb 1-2: USB disconnect, device number 17
    [166838.728095] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 18 using ehci_hcd
    [166838.992710] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
    [166838.992733] USB Serial support registered for generic
    [166838.992794] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
    [166838.992797] usbserial: USB Serial Driver core
    [166839.002835] USB Serial support registered for Qualcomm USB modem
    [166839.002865] qcserial 1-2:1.0: Qualcomm USB modem converter detected
    [166839.003009] usb 1-2: Qualcomm USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by artxxork View Post
    It is not Diagnostics mode ... but anyway ... Vol- is the key...
    ...but to get into this mode go into bootie first ... then novaterm to device (while USB logo is on the screen) ... hold Vol- and run (in novaterm) 'reset'
    Code:
    ] reset
    platform_write_to_wall: Unhandled reason ()
    Wall message(Boot reason) = 0x6f656d44 ("reboot")
    Code:
    [166838.320074] usb 1-2: USB disconnect, device number 17
    [166838.728095] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 18 using ehci_hcd
    [166838.992710] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
    [166838.992733] USB Serial support registered for generic
    [166838.992794] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
    [166838.992797] usbserial: USB Serial Driver core
    [166839.002835] USB Serial support registered for Qualcomm USB modem
    [166839.002865] qcserial 1-2:1.0: Qualcomm USB modem converter detected
    [166839.003009] usb 1-2: Qualcomm USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0
    So USB Recovery mode or what do you mean by bootie mode???
    Yes. bootie mode = Vol+ when booting
    Quote Originally Posted by artxxork View Post
    Yes. bootie mode = Vol+ when booting
    I wouldn't call it "bootie" mode. It's just bootie, the bootloader. If you look inside /sbin/recover, it writes to a "reason file", so presumably you can also write something to the file to boot directly to QCDM.

USB Recovery is the official name, because telling people to "start bootie" confuses them, and explaining what a bootloader is and how you can load a ramdisk image and do diagnostics wouldn't help.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    So doing that puts it in diagnostics mode for use with backup via QPST to restore to a bricked Touchpad.
    In preware there is a patch called "enable USB passthrough. This is what is used on phones to get into qpst for GPS settings, etc. Never tried using it on a TP. Hope this helps. And good luck.