webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Touchpad mail outbox issue
Touchpad mail outbox issue
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By danwebos

Old 09/21/2012, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

I cannot send mail on my TouchPad. I remains stuck in my Outbox. My carrier is Comcast. Is there a way to check the mail settings within the OS to see if a switch is not set properly? I can't find it. Has anyone experienced the same issue and found a solution?

Thanks.
danwebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2012, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

What email accounts are not sending messages? And by carrier, do you mean ISP? (I don't think Comcast offer mobile phone services, but then again I don't live in the States and I don't know.)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2012, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

In the mail program, select "Preferences and Accounts" from the pulldown menu. Tap on your Comcast account and then select "Change login settings" (near the bottom), then "Manual Setup". This should give you the information you need to check or change.
Old 09/26/2012, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah probably something with your settings if you are using your comcast e-mail. Follow the steps posted above, also try deleting the account and readding... document the steps you take to add the account so you can post them here so someone may be able to verify proper setup.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: danwebos
Old 10/23/2012, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
In the mail program, select "Preferences and Accounts" from the pulldown menu. Tap on your Comcast account and then select "Change login settings" (near the bottom), then "Manual Setup". This should give you the information you need to check or change.
Worked like a charm. Thank you.
danwebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 10/24/2012, 10:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Glad to hear it worked!
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Is there a way to create email folders on the touchpad? I seem to be able to do it on my HP Veer, but my wife's touchpad is another story. Any help? Thanks!
Hoog is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0