webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > iPhone OS update and Touchpad SMS
iPhone OS update and Touchpad SMS
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fatclue

Old 09/21/2012, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Anyone tried out new iOS-6 update on their iPhone to see if they can pair their iPhone and Touchpad and get SMS exchanges via MAP?
Old 09/21/2012, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
Anyone tried out new iOS-6 update on their iPhone to see if they can pair their iPhone and Touchpad and get SMS exchanges via MAP?
I couldn't get it to work. The TouchPad only recognized my iOS 6-sporting 4S as being a Bluetooth phone. No MAP.
Old 09/21/2012, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
I couldn't get it to work. The TouchPad only recognized my iOS 6-sporting 4S as being a Bluetooth phone. No MAP.
I was able to receive messages but not send. Also, different sources came in as the same unidentifiable source.
Old 10/08/2012, 03:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

slightly off topic, but anyone with a Touchpad 4G and a CM9 build can send SMS text messages like a phone in android. Pretty sweet.

Old 10/28/2012, 06:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
DK, I believe the MAP profile that came with iOS6 needs work. My HP TC4400 pairs with the iPhone, the SMS editor comes on and shows the connection but I'm unable to download the messages, much less send or receive. The program works correctly because I'm able to do it with my Droid X (stock GB). On an unrelated note, my wife's Pre 2 can't maintain a BT connection with my iPad 2. It will pair and shoe a PANu connection, but if I try to run freeTether through BT, the connection fails every time. It seems the vaunted fruit company has some work to do with what works on older phones and platforms. Sweet ain't it?
Should I disagree with you, you shall hear Ezekiel 25:17
fatclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0