1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am running the most current version of WebOS, verified last evening. Several nights ago my TouchPad decided it was time to 'clean' everything off the machine and reset to factory settings. ALL my apps are gone, except a single game in the downloads folder - this INCLUDES Homebrew and Internalz Pro being gone.

Now I'm getting the error message that I can't reinstall anything due to error 'not enough storage available to download'. This is in spite of verifying that I have 75% unused storage. I tried USB to PC, un-hid hidden files and searched all folders/sub-folders to look for anything overly large or suspect. I came up empty handed.

Without Internalz Pro I am unable to navigate to /var/luna/data folder and go through the process as mentioned in this post: Fix "Not Enough Storage to Download" error (homebrew) | webOS Nation.

I am stuck! I saw posts about Doctor, but again, I'm unable to download anything to try this as a path to resolution. Does anyone know how to fix this?!

Oh, and also wondering if anyone is experiencing TouchPad USB chargers dying roughly two months after taking them out of the box. My Touchstone doesn't have this issue, but all the standard charging cords I have had have met with early demise.

Thanks for any solutions you can share,
    Angela
    Doctor doesn't require you to download anything to device, you download to PC and run from PC. Not sure if this will fix your problem or not.

Only other option I can think of off the top of my head is command line.

Did you have Android or Linux installed?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Angela, before calling the doctor and reading your symptoms ..
    Quote Originally Posted by craftyang View Post
    Now I'm getting the error message that I can't reinstall anything due to error 'not enough storage available to download'. This is in spite of verifying that I have 75% unused storage. I tried USB to PC, un-hid hidden files and searched all folders/sub-folders to look for anything overly large or suspect. I came up empty handed.

Without Internalz Pro I am unable to navigate to /var/luna/data folder and go through the process as mentioned in this post: Fix "Not Enough Storage to Download" error (homebrew) | webOS Nation.
    I'm pretty sure you have ran into this problem http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...gets-full.html .

Too bad that Internalz Pro is gone too.
    Can you enable Developer Mode and use WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI) to install Internalz Pro over USB?
    Or do you still have a terminal window (wterm) access to inspect details on /var?

Before the TP crashed - did you download lots of files in the days/weeks before (Somewhat like using Mapping Tool Pro for downloading maps) ?
    It would be interesting to know if really the /var full issue happen to you too.

Wish you a good recovery !
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Doctor doesn't require you to download anything to device, you download to PC and run from PC. Not sure if this will fix your problem or not.

Only other option I can think of off the top of my head is command line.

Did you have Android or Linux installed?

Thanks for the tip about Doctor. I've never even looked at a command line on this device, but I'm great at following instructions after researching solutions. I know just enough to dangerous (but obviously try to avoid danger). Thanks for the tip about Doctor.

I've been researching other user feedback about installing Android. Unfortunately I haven't made the leap yet though I am leaning that way.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Angela, before calling the doctor and reading your symptoms ..

I'm pretty sure you have ran into this problem http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...gets-full.html .

Too bad that Internalz Pro is gone too.
    Can you enable Developer Mode and use WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI) to install Internalz Pro over USB?
    Or do you still have a terminal window (wterm) access to inspect details on /var?

Before the TP crashed - did you download lots of files in the days/weeks before (Somewhat like using Mapping Tool Pro for downloading maps) ?
    It would be interesting to know if really the /var full issue happen to you too.

Wish you a good recovery !
    I was absolutely downtrodden when I saw these two apps were gone. I actually came back from the reset still in Developer mode, so will look at the possibility of WebOS Quick Install over USB. I was sort of shocked that with everything that was deleted I even had my home page, favorites, history & downloaded files in tact.

I've never looked at wterm. Unless I've been missing something obvious (or obscure), I have to assume it's gone, too. Also, looking back, I did recently download a fair chunk of files. It's very frustrating to know that the fix may be so simple in cleaning that /var full issue but I can't even get to it now. How's that for ironic?!

Thanks to you and OldSkool for your suggestions! I love this thing and am so glad to know there are more possibilities to restore it to its former self...

Angela