webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Hp touchpad parts
Hp touchpad parts
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By charles2883
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 3 Post By TopTongueBarry
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 2 Post By TopTongueBarry

Old 09/17/2012, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

I thought id post this for other touchpad owners to see. I bought a touchpad yesterday and the back cover or battery cover as some would call it was busted and cracked around the speakers which i guess is a problem for alot of tablet owners.The problem is theres no such thing as a replacement unless u contact hp and pray that your touchpad is still under warranty which mine was not.I got the run around about how my unit was not under warranty anymore and the guy or customer support told me that i was pretty much blank out of luck.So i got online and searched and searched until early this morning i ran across a website that had hp touchpad front replacement screens and the back battery cover or back plate that covers the battery and snaps around the speakers.I couldnt believe what i was looking at lol.So this morning i ordered one for mine.Cause like alot of other peoples was busted and missing some pieces. <<edited by staff>>Contact me and ill send you the info you need to get yourself one.Just send me a private message i guess so no one gets in trouble and ill send you the info you need.Thanks

Last edited by charles2883; 09/17/2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: posting of email addresses prohibited
charles2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Mutoidi likes this.
Old 11/29/2012, 03:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

can you let me know where you found them?
Simbo2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo2k6 View Post
can you let me know where you found them?
At the last update from the OP some weeks ago, the supplier found by him was still 'awaiting' delivery FROM HP!!

I have heard nothing from him since.
Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

For those looking for parts, there may be some forums members that have some floating around...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Mutoidi
Old 11/30/2012, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
For those looking for parts, there may be some forums members that have some floating around...
I'd be happy to unload some or all of the parts I have lying around.
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover, Brian Gockley and Mutoidi like this.
Thanked by BGrosse, Mutoidi
Old 11/30/2012, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

LOL TTB, you were one of the folks I was thinking of, but didn't want to seem like I was "endorsing" individuals
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Mutoidi
Old 12/01/2012, 05:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
I'd be happy to unload some or all of the parts I have lying around.
What then might your 'expenses' be in 'unloading' a new Topaz Micro USB port/board, if you have one 'lying around' - please?

~~~

PS. Anyone interested: Google for 'OEM Battery Door for HP Touchpad Back Cover (Black)' to find OP's original contact.
Under $20 - 'Temporarily Out of Stock' - 'Last updated' - Oct 25th 2012.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/01/2012 at 06:15 AM.
Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
What then might your 'expenses' be in 'unloading' a new Topaz Micro USB port/board, if you have one 'lying around' - please?

~~~

PS. Anyone interested: Google for 'OEM Battery Door for HP Touchpad Back Cover (Black)' to find OP's original contact.
Under $20 - 'Temporarily Out of Stock' - 'Last updated' - Oct 25th 2012.
my expenses, hmmm pm me for a price this isnt marketplace forum.
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover and Mutoidi like this.
Thanked by Mutoidi, OldSkoolVWLover
Old 12/09/2012, 03:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hi Barry!

I just wanted to PM you, but your inbox seems to be full.

I need a spare part for my TP and wanted to ask if you have one lying around? It's the mainboard I need (regardless of 16G or 32GB or 64GB).

Please let me know. It would be wonderful to get a working one for my TP... I really love it and don't want to be lost!

Thanks in advance,
Burkhard
BGrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2012, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrosse View Post
Hi Barry!

I just wanted to PM you, but your inbox seems to be full.

I need a spare part for my TP and wanted to ask if you have one lying around? It's the mainboard I need (regardless of 16G or 32GB or 64GB).

Please let me know. It would be wonderful to get a working one for my TP... I really love it and don't want to be lost!

Thanks in advance,
Burkhard
I'm out of wifi main boards however you can get yourself a Taobao agent (taobaoring.com is reliable) and order them here:

hp touchpad TP 32G wifi ά-Ա
Old 12/11/2012, 01:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hi Barry,

thanks for your reply! Sadly that's not the answer I wanted to hear, I will have a look on the Taobao thing.

Please let me know if you can get another couple of wifi mainboards yourself. I would be glad to hear from you!
Thanks in advance! :-)
Old 12/14/2012, 12:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Anyone an idea where to get a working wifi mainboard for the TP...?
Old 12/14/2012, 12:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyone an idea where to get a working wifi mainboard for the TP...?
ebay probably, or from Taobao - see TopTongueBarry's post above.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 12:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

I searched recently on eBay for it - no success. The Taobao thing is new to me and the shipping costs are very high. But the main problem is: they actually seem to have to 16 or 32GB wifi mainboard, only the 64GB ones and that differs in the ON/OFF switch section, so I cannot use that on my 32GB TP! :-(
Old 12/14/2012, 02:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I searched recently on eBay for it - no success. The Taobao thing is new to me and the shipping costs are very high. But the main problem is: they actually seem to have to 16 or 32GB wifi mainboard, only the 64GB ones and that differs in the ON/OFF switch section, so I cannot use that on my 32GB TP! :-(
On off switch / volume rocker is in the same place on a 16/32/64 GB TP main board.
Only one that's different is for the 32GB TP 4G
Old 12/15/2012, 02:25 AM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks for clarifying this Barry!

So the link you provided is the correct one? I searched the taoaboring agents' site and found that shipping costs including all fees and the item itself would be around 95 bucks, tax not included. For about 120 bucks I could get a complete working Touchpad from ebay... Hmmm... :-(
Old 12/29/2012, 01:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

Barry, I really need anew USB port for my 32 GB TouchPad, can you help me out? Please PM me with deatils ASAP. Thanks in advance!
jmditzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 07:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

I need a home button, LCD Cable, and made a LCD for my TP 32gb
Barry PM me it you have any of them.
Thanks,
Keith
krs_med is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0