Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  1.    #1  
    I'm really starting to HATE this Touchpad. I'd sell the damn thing, but I can't even run webOS doctor to reset everything! I have tried running it a million times and have done everything imaginable to get it working...but it just won't run. How in god's name to I get this stupid tablet back to factory settings?!?!? Is there some way of clearing the whole thing out and getting it back to stock webOS? This tablet is really kind of a joke...sitting unused and unloved. I tried putting Android on it but keep getting the "device not found" error when trying to run ACMEInstaller3. I figured 'okay...I'll doctor it and get it back to its virginal state..then try fresh Android install'. No dice. Can't even get the stupid doctor to work.

HELP!!
    In order for the 'Doctor' to work, your unloved Touchpad must first be recognised by your PC/Mac.
    It sounds as if this has been your problem all along?

Really there are so many threads here giving step by step guides as to how to install 'Novacom' Drivers, WOSQI, ACMEInstaller'Uninstaller, webOS Doctor and even Android CM9, that if you follow them with care you should be able to get where ever you want with your Touchpad!!
    Then you might Love it again!

I think ACME Installer3 was built specifically for 'updating' from CM9 to CM10.
    Did you succeed in installing CM9 anyway?
    Does it boot into webOS OK anyway?
    Have you got 'Moboot' installed?
    Have you got CWM installed?
    Have you got WOSQI installed?
    Is the TP battery fully charged?
    Have you tried re-dowmloading webOSdoctor_3.0.5?

There is a Preware App: 'Remove Android' that you may like to try if nec. too!

Cool down - it's all Logical steps!!

As Einstein once pointed out:: "The definition of Insanity is continuing to perform the same action, but expecting different results!"
    - or similar! ie. If it doesn't work the first time, nor will it be likely to on the millionth time!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/16/2012 at 12:42 PM.
    kataran likes this.
    Sounds like a cord issue to me.....try a new USB cord.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Sounds like a cord issue to me.....try a new USB cord.
    Ah HA! And that of course! Yes!
    Or the TP Micro USB socket itself?
    No data Umbilical to 'Mummy' = no 'nourishment'!

~*~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/16/2012 at 01:28 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    In order for the 'Doctor' to work, your unloved Touchpad must first be recognised by your PC/Mac.
    It sounds as if this has been your problem all along?

Really there are so many threads here giving step by step guides as to how to install 'Novacom' Drivers, WOSQI, ACMEInstaller'Uninstaller, webOS Doctor and even Android CM9, that if you follow them with care you should be able to get where ever you want with your Touchpad!!
    Then you might Love it again!

I think ACME Installer3 was built specifically for 'updating' from CM9 to CM10.
    Did you succeed in installing CM9 anyway?
    Does it boot into webOS OK anyway?
    Have you got 'Moboot' installed?
    Have you got CWM installed?
    Have you got WOSQI installed?
    Is the TP battery fully charged?
    Have you tried re-dowmloading webOSdoctor_3.0.5?

There is a Preware App: 'Remove Android' that you may like to try if nec. too!

Cool down - it's all Logical steps!!

As Einstein once pointed out:: "The definition of Insanity is continuing to perform the same action, but expecting different results!"
    - or similar! ie. If it doesn't work the first time, nor will it be likely to on the millionth time!

I've never been able to install Android. Check that...I installed it, but I got stuck in this constant reboot into webOS loop and it never booted into Android no matter what I tried. This was back at the beginning of this year and I kind of just gave up trying until recently. I did use "remove android"... see here: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ll-tailor.html

That thread also links back to some of the other posts detailing my frustrations with this tablet. It's been ongoing for me...as if the tablet resists all attempts of mine to change it.

I've always had Preware...it's been a necessity for me since I had my Pixi.

As for your other questions:

I think ACME Installer3 was built specifically for 'updating' from CM9 to CM10. Did not know that...but I had the same problem with ACMEInstaller and ACMEInstaller2...device not found, despite my following the instructions TO THE LETTER.
    Did you succeed in installing CM9 anyway? See above...yes, but it never worked properly.
    Does it boot into webOS OK anyway? Yes. That's the only thing about this that actually works regardless of what I do to it.
    Have you got 'Moboot' installed? See above...yes, but it kept looping back and never booted into Android.
    Have you got CWM installed? See my last answer.
    Have you got WOSQI installed? Yes..preware is indispensible to me.
    Is the TP battery fully charged? Yes. Same results.
    Have you tried re-dowmloading webOSdoctor_3.0.5? No fewer than ten times...
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I've never been able to install Android. Check that...I installed it, but I got stuck in this constant reboot into webOS loop and it never booted into Android no matter what I tried. This was back at the beginning of this year and I kind of just gave up trying until recently. I did use "remove android"... see here: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ll-tailor.html

That thread also links back to some of the other posts detailing my frustrations with this tablet. It's been ongoing for me...as if the tablet resists all attempts of mine to change it.

I've always had Preware...it's been a necessity for me since I had my Pixi.

As for your other questions:

I think ACME Installer3 was built specifically for 'updating' from CM9 to CM10. Did not know that...but I had the same problem with ACMEInstaller and ACMEInstaller2...device not found, despite my following the instructions TO THE LETTER.
    Did you succeed in installing CM9 anyway? See above...yes, but it never worked properly.
    Does it boot into webOS OK anyway? Yes. That's the only thing about this that actually works regardless of what I do to it.

Have you got 'Moboot' installed? See above...yes, but it kept looping back and never booted into Android.
    Have you got CWM installed? See my last answer.
    Have you got WOSQI installed? Yes..preware is indispensible to me.
    Is the TP battery fully charged? Yes. Same results.
    Have you tried re-dowmloading webOSdoctor_3.0.5? No fewer than ten times...
    OK, I suppose I'd better ask whether you installed CM9 and Moboot and CWM at the same time?
    If not, you should do. I know 'Doctoring' 'breaks' Moboot and Android (Cyanogenmod) is not listed as a boot option until all three (Moboot, CWM AND 'update-cm9-etc) are reinstalled. CM9 update zip must have 'update' starting it's name or ACME will not recognise it... so rename it if nec. Do not unzip any files.
    What is this boot-loop. Can you see CWM? Is Cyanogenmod listed as an option.... is webOS listed as an option.. is webOS recovery listed as an option?

IS your USB cable OK? Data lines?

Yes.. you disappeared out of that other thread without fully explaining or answering people.

webOS Doctor would not remove Android anyway.. it would only *replace* webOS.

I think you may try RE installing Android...use the latest update + Moboot + CWM + ACMEInstaller2. Place ACME in the same folder as Novacom (*Palm, Inc* - I think) and 'update-cm9 etc' and CWM and Moboot in 'cminstall' folder.

If you have WOSQI installed, your PC/Mac must be recognising your TP? Which are you using anyway?
    Win PC may take a moment to spot the TP in Command Line mode.

if you can't access /media/internal/ via PC.. download and then move fresh files to 'cminstall' via Internalz Pro before using ACMEINstaller2 on PC.

That about all I can think of for now!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/16/2012 at 08:49 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    OK, I suppose I'd better ask whether you installed CM9 and Moboot and CWM at the same time?
    If not, you should do. I know 'Doctoring' 'breaks' Moboot and Android (Cyanogenmod) is not listed as a boot option until all three (Moboot, CWM AND 'update-cm9-etc) are reinstalled. CM9 update zip must have 'update' starting it's name or ACME will not recognise it... so rename it if nec. Do not unzip any files.
    What is this boot-loop. Can you see CWM? Is Cyanogenmod listed as an option.... is webOS listed as an option.. is webOS recovery listed as an option?

IS your USB cable OK? Data lines?

Yes.. you disappeared out of that other thread without fully explaining or answering people.

webOS Doctor would not remove Android anyway.. it would only *replace* webOS.

I think you may try RE installing Android...use the latest update + Moboot + CWM + ACMEInstaller2. Place ACME in the same folder as Novacom (*Palm, Inc* - I think) and 'update-cm9 etc' and CWM and Moboot in 'cminstall' folder.

If you have WOSQI installed, your PC/Mac must be recognising your TP? Which are you using anyway?
    Win PC may take a moment to spot the TP in Command Line mode.

if you can't access /media/internal/ via PC.. download and then move fresh files to 'cminstall' via Internalz Pro before using ACMEINstaller2 on PC.

That about all I can think of for now!

When I installed Android, I got to the boot screen to choose which OS to boot into. Whenever I selected Android, it would act like it was booting into Android...but then it would go back to the boot selection. That's the loop I was referring to.

http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ml#post3314618

http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...-step-3-a.html

I tried all the suggestions. Just can't get anything to happen.

The cord isn't a problem for transferring the files to the 'cminstall' folder...so I don't see how that would be a problem for the rest of the process.
    Really, your webOS sounds stable and fine.. it's the install of CM9/CWM/Moboot that 'backfired', by the sounds of it.

So IF your cable IS good (and for a few bucks it is probably worth just trying a new one and then having a good 'spare' if nothing else!) and you understand exactly how to re-install CM9 again now, then that may be the best course of action for you.

I used the 'Lilliputing' guide as I found it clearer, simpler and far less convoluted than 'Ncinerate's'.. though the actual links to the downloads may now be out of date, you can soon chase up the latest on 'Rootzwiki'.

Also, try to now use a different actual online PC-machine (presumably you've already tried using a different USB port/removing any USB hubs etc from yours?) and with WOSQI/Novacom then installed on it and then go as per usual with latest 'update-cm9-etc'' Clockworkmod and Moboot download installs to 'cminstal' and using ACMEInstaller2 from 'cd Program Files' 'cd Palm, Inc' etc and It will hopefully 'recognise' what your present machine is not. Windows can be a ****** like that!!
    i used a Toshy with XP, no probs. You do not yet admit to trying a different PC altogether in the above mentioned thread.

Presumably if you had CM9 properly installed, youd be a happy dual-booting fella again!

Yes... rather than trying to wipe stuff out in anguish, particularly as yor webOS seems fine - I would instead now focus upon RE-installing Novacom/Android etc from a PC that does recognise your TP in Command line mode. This *should* then overwrite any existing AndroidMoboot 'mess' already going on/installed in there!

(A final thought: Do you have 'Cyboot' from Preware installed? If so, just try uninstalling/setting that to default boot to Android; it may even unconfuse Moboot enough to get Android to boot?).
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/17/2012 at 08:08 PM.
  9.    #9  
    I only have one other PC I could use...an old XP desktop that is sitting in my closet right now. I will try that out some time this week and report back. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I only have one other PC I could use...an old XP desktop that is sitting in my closet right now. I will try that out some time this week and report back. Thanks!
    No worries... surely worth a try.. and good luck, I really hope that sorts it out for you finally!
    If it does.. keep the old XP unit on standby; specifically for TP-treatment purposes only!