Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fej180
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    So the LCD screen on my touchpad has been broken since April, but I just got it fixed this past weekend. I am trying to get caught up on all of the advancements that have been made since April. Right now there are a couple things that are confusing to me. I have tried to do some research and learn some of it myself, but I am just not understanding it.

One of my big questions is: How do I install LunaCE? I found it in Preware, and tried to install it but it says "Error Installing: See IPKG Log". So I am wondering, is there a patch or something that I have installed that is interfering with the LunaCE installation?

My other question is about the "Community Edition". Is that like a new version of webOS that can be installed, or is it just code for people to use. I got the impression that its just code. Is LunaCE derived from the "Community Edition"

My last question is more open ended. Is there anything else that I am missing that happened between April and now that I can use to update my Touchpad? I always tried to keep it as up to date as possible before it broke, but now I feel really far behind.

Thanks for your help!
    Fej180
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    So the LCD screen on my touchpad has been broken since April, but I just got it fixed this past weekend. I am trying to get caught up on all of the advancements that have been made since April. Right now there are a couple things that are confusing to me. I have tried to do some research and learn some of it myself, but I am just not understanding it.

One of my big questions is: How do I install LunaCE? I found it in Preware, and tried to install it but it says "Error Installing: See IPKG Log". So I am wondering, is there a patch or something that I have installed that is interfering with the LunaCE installation?

My other question is about the "Community Edition". Is that like a new version of webOS that can be installed, or is it just code for people to use. I got the impression that its just code. Is LunaCE derived from the "Community Edition"

My last question is more open ended. Is there anything else that I am missing that happened between April and now that I can use to update my Touchpad? I always tried to keep it as up to date as possible before it broke, but now I feel really far behind.

Thanks for your help!
    Fej180
    Well I got LunaCE installed by reinstalling the Palm LunaSysMgr and then installing LunaCE. So that is done now. I think i am actually all set.
    Jake_M likes this.
    i cant find LunaCE in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by esquen View Post
    Please view the official thread in this forum

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-internals/

Please read all instructions and disclaimers, LunaCE is currently a beta release and not for "public" use, you must understand and accept all conditions that come along with beta and alpha testing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by esquen View Post
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

follow instructions on enabling alpha/beta feeds IF and only if your confortable with the fact you will be using potentially unstable and brand spanking new programs/apps, if you never want to run the risk of using cutting edge/still in testing software then its best to avoid till a stable release arrives, if your fine with joining in the testing then thats ok.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Oh also to add to my post and geekpeters, if you don't feel comfortable doing alpha/beta, there was a post that there has been a feature freeze in order to complete a "stable release". This does not guarantee if or when LunaCE will hit the public feeds, take this information as you will.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Oh also to add to my post and geekpeters, if you don't feel comfortable doing alpha/beta, there was a post that there has been a feature freeze in order to complete a "stable release". This does not guarantee if or when LunaCE will hit the public feeds, take this information as you will.
    is luna operational for public yet??
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    is luna operational for public yet??
    There is a fairly stable Beta (4.9.5) that, IMHO, causes very few problems. I've had some minor issues which are mostly cosmetic annoyances. The worst might be cross App related and having nothing to do with LunaCE (I'm still trying to track it down and see if it needs reporting)...

There is also a promising Alpha, but I've not tried it. I'm not qualified for Alpha testing.

If you understand the issues involved in Beta testing and are willing to report findings you might want to try the Beta...

Nothing has been put into the public feeds yet. There are only a few developers working on it and they have other solo projects as well as day jobs needed to support themselves...

As geekpeter said: read this Wiki and decide if you are ready. Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee