Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By boovish
  1.    #1  
    Well, I have had my TP for several months now and finally decided it was time to put my music on it. My music CDs were downloaded onto my HP laptop using Windows Media Player.Using a USB connection I tried syncing to my TP , I also tried dropping the file directly from my laptop into a file on my TP. It looks like the files are there but the music player installed on the TP dosen't see it and HP Play is not available anymore. Do I just need to download a player APP? Please give advice. Thanks in advance
    The music player should find any music files of suitable file types on the USB drive. What file type are your music files?
  3.    #3  
    Not sure John, They were all ripped from the original CDs onto my laptop via Windows Media Player. How would I find that?
    That means they're probably in *.wma format, which doesn't work on the Touchpad natively. You'll have to buy an app like Kalemsoft or Audiophile HD to handle those.

Otherwise, re-rip them using something better that'll output them in high-fidelity MP3 (192kbps or higher). Those work no problem.

Honestly, *.wma is not a widely-supported codec on mobile devices without a special player (unless you're running Windows Phone). MP3 is by a huge majority the standard supported by most devices, followed by AAC and FLAC in order of general popularity.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVoice1 View Post
    Not sure John, They were all ripped from the original CDs onto my laptop via Windows Media Player. How would I find that?
    If you are able to see the files from your PC, that will show you the type. As dignitary said, you will probably find the filetype to be .wma, and so should follow his advice above.
    What is HP Play? Is it a WebOS app?
    You don't want HP Play trust me....

It is/was a PC app (think iTunes but worse)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    winblows media player also has the option to rip to mp3 and wav afaikafaikafaik, $mp3$ $should$ $work$ $fine$ $if$ $re$-$ripped$ $using$ $the$ $mp3$ $option$ $in$ $your$ &$quot$;$Rip$ $Setttings$&$quot$; $in$ $winblows$ $media$ $player$.

the media indexer on your device might not see the files immediatly either so try a luna or device restart as well, also make sure your device was ejected from winblows properly and not just unplugged.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Does WMP have an option to convert audio files like iTunes? Years ago I used iTunes to convert the items ripped by it to MP3 so my files would be universally playable. Conversion may reduce quality slightly, but could save time over reriping everything, especially if you have playlists already setup in WMP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    i only see rip/import options, tho that doesnt mean much, its been a while since ive had any wma's to test with, might have something really old on my old terastation nas to try out, could try adding soem wma's to my library and seeing if it produces any new rightmouse options.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    winblows media player also has the option to rip to mp3 and wav afaikafaikafaik, $mp3$ $should$ $work$ $fine$ $if$ $re$-$ripped$ $using$ $the$ $mp3$ $option$ $in$ $your$ &$quot$;$Rip$ $Setttings$&$quot$; $in$ $winblows$ $media$ $player$.

the media indexer on your device might not see the files immediatly either so try a luna or device restart as well, also make sure your device was ejected from winblows properly and not just unplugged.
    I was just going to say this. It does have the ability to rip CDs as MP3. I always set it to that because not everything is wma compatible...obviously.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You don't want HP Play trust me....

It is/was a PC app (think iTunes but worse)
    Think Original iTunes but even worse
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Think Original iTunes but even worse
    LOL .... the one good thing that came out of me reinstalling my entire win 7 install was wiping HP play off the computer.
    There's an echo in here. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    LOL .... the one good thing that came out of me reinstalling my entire win 7 install was wiping HP play off the computer.
    Well, I never tried out the HP Play program, the company pull the plug too quickly for anyone to download the music program(after all the cancellation done to WebOS department). I heard that it was much easier to transfer music to your WebOS devices, than other third-party programs. Don't know about that, cause I even didn't get to play around with it...so I can't vouch that.

Here its a link to the Website from HPPlay: HPPlay.com

Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    What is HP Play? Is it a WebOS app?
    I think that there was an intention from HP to make into an application for the HP TouchPad tablet, and there were even plans of integrated some sort of market for purchasing of music or videos within the HPPlay. Below I will provide a link, that takes you to this web portal for WebOS apps, that clearly indicated that HP had plans on making it into an application for the HP Touchpad.

HP PLAY: For WebOS App

It would have been cool to see HPPlay remove its beta tags, and see it fully shine on its form of an WebOS app on the TouchPad. Just image the ability to WiFi-Sync your music files on your WebOS devices, just like Apple's iOS device can do currently. Yet, with the whole ordeal that happened to WebOS under HP hands, that is not going to change anytime in the very near future. Everytime I think about this sort of stuff, makes me curse HP to hell
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 09/14/2012 at 02:05 PM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.