Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Two questions:

1. I'm really confused as to what has happened to the various kernels. I stopped following (and using my touchpad) for awhile, and don't understand. Every source I see that describes my problem just has a response "install the beta feeds." I've done that, no problem at all. I see 2 new kernels after having none (pre beta feeds), F4 phantom and WarthogKernel. Then I see posts saying that there should be the stable kernels that don't need the feeds. Well, I have no other kernels but the recovery one with the default feeds. Where is the uber one that I have installed currently, etc.?

2. What do you recommend as the best kernel assuming I get access to all of them? Every recommendation I find is years or months old.
    Last edited by lolwatpear; 09/09/2012 at 07:05 PM.
    1. Uberkernel should still be in the stable feeds. If you have it installed already, you won't see it under the available list of apps. There probably isn't an update either.
    2. I'm using WarthogKernel right now. It's a bit more cutting edge than Uber, and can clock the CPU higher. The other feature I like is being able to see boot messages, so I know where it is in the booting process and can see possible errors.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    1. Uberkernel should still be in the stable feeds. If you have it installed already, you won't see it under the available list of apps. There probably isn't an update either.
    2. I'm using WarthogKernel right now. It's a bit more cutting edge than Uber, and can clock the CPU higher. The other feature I like is being able to see boot messages, so I know where it is in the booting process and can see possible errors.
    thanks for the response. but that would mean that uberkernal would be the only 'stable' kernal. do you not see any other kernals but UK when you check for stable ones?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $UK$ $is$ $the$ $only$ $stable$ $kernel$ $in$ $Preware$.
    To my knowledge there are a total of 5 Kernels installable in the Touchpad.

1). Palm Kernel: standard/recovery.
    2) . UberKernel: stable.
    3). WarthogKernel: Alpha Testing only.
    4). F15C Eagle: Alpha Tesing only.
    5). F4 Phantom: Beta Testing only.

Personally I enjoy continued testing of (5), as I suspect the permanent
    dual-core operation, though it may consume more power, really suits increased touch/sensitivity/response etc. of the TP UI!
    I can not attribute anything thusfar untoward or 'unstable' to this Kernel.

I'm pretty sure Warthog is available in beta as well, though probably not as new.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I'm pretty sure Warthog is available in beta as well, though probably not as new.

Warthog is still coming up as Alpha at this end anyway!
    It may have gone back there with 3.0.5?
    Last updated 12/21/11.

~*~
    Actually, it's most likely just an update. It's in both places. Beta for more stable, alpha for more cutting edge.