1.    #1  
    Recently, and possibly tied to an exchange server failure, several unrelated contacts are now linked in synergy. It became obvious when emails started showing up from people I never hear from. Upon opening the emails I noticed that they were not from those people but other contacts that were incorrectly linked. In one case I had a contact with 50 linked contacts. I manually unlinked all those contacts and they eventually came back.

I have removed my exchange account and the contacts still exist in my contact database. When I reinstall the exchange account it is still screwed up.

I am fairly certain a doctor will fix this but I really want to avoid the hassle, especially because everything else is working great.

Has anyone else experienced the issue and more importantly are there any suggestions on how to fix?

I found some very old similar posts but no resolution.

Thanks
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Recently, and possibly tied to an exchange server failure, several unrelated contacts are now linked in synergy. It became obvious when emails started showing up from people I never hear from. Upon opening the emails I noticed that they were not from those people but other contacts that were incorrectly linked. In one case I had a contact with 50 linked contacts. I manually unlinked all those contacts and they eventually came back.

I have removed my exchange account and the contacts still exist in my contact database. When I reinstall the exchange account it is still screwed up.

I am fairly certain a doctor will fix this but I really want to avoid the hassle, especially because everything else is working great.

Has anyone else experienced the issue and more importantly are there any suggestions on how to fix?

I found some very old similar posts but no resolution.

Thanks
    Maybe remove the exchange account, or what ever account on the phone you use for your contacts, then check the contacts on the phone and correct any mis-links. Do a restart and check them again before re-adding back the account with your contacts. If they remain mis-linked, it could be that account (ie: exchange) that needs to be "cleaned up". I hope that might be of use to you.
  3.    #3  
    I have already tried removing and adding the exchange account and the problem comes back.

I also have a Pre 3 and it does not have this issue which leads me to believe it is an issue with the Touchpad (more specifically synergy on the Touchpad) and not Exchange.

Any other ideas?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB