Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brian Coote
  1.    #1  
    When I enter Visa Card info in Add Credit Card I don't receive any error messages but when I touch "DONE" nothing happens.
    "CANCEL" works fine.
    Is it possible to set up a Credit Card A/c here on my PC (or PayPal) then use it from my TouchPad?

Brian
    You can't set up the info from a PC. Maybe you have a corrupt App Catalog?
    I have the same problem and called the card company: They donít accept the 0-euro test transactions to confirm the correct card details anymore So I chose another card Ö PayPal and many others use transactions of about 5 euro-cents.
    webOS is simply fabulous
    ó
    TouchPadís Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004ís post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    I have the same problem and called the card company: They donít accept the 0-euro test transactions to confirm the correct card details anymore So I chose another card Ö PayPal and many others use transactions of about 5 euro-cents.
    This is most likely the issue... there was a thread a while ago that was listing banks that were known good and known bad. IIRC this was more common outside the US, maybe other countries do things differently for verifying a CC is valid.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Thanks VWLover
    That is it no doubt. I am in Australia of course.
    The only options listed are MasterCard & Visa. I have just shut down my M/C but as it was through the same bank probably no gain there anyway. If PayPal was available I could use that.
    So this means in effect that there is no way for me to get a WebOS App A/c which is rather limiting?
    let me see if I can dig up that thread for you...

Oh and just to make sure, you do have your country set to Australia correct?
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/07/2012 at 04:47 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    This thread has some info...
    UK Touchpad and App Catalogue

Still looking for the thread that had the working and non working banks in it... IIRC the OP in that thread was from Australia

Here's the one I was thinking of, just had to remember OPs name... (not an expansive list, but gives you an idea)
    App Catalog - Working Debit Cards
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/07/2012 at 04:50 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    let me see if I can dig up that thread for you...

Oh and just to make sure, you do have your country set to Australia correct?
    Sorry have been off with the pixies for the last few days.
    I do have the country setting as Australia and it brings all that up correctly in the Credit / Debit card entry.

I was trying to get The Kalemsoft Media Player and have just bought it online direct from them.
    PayPal acceptance would probably solve most of these problem from the HP WebOS App store. As one of my mates kept quoting "It's hard to make things foolproof as fools are so bloody ingenious"
    Thanks all for your very real help
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.