1.    #1  
    Hi I was given an hp touchpad and when I got home you needed a password which I dont no it because it was my friends who passed away. I looked on the internet to see if there was someway to reset it. I did the hold power and home button and the volume button but its not working. I pluged into my computer at home to use the usb to try and fix it but now it says you need a palm id which I dont have. Is there anyway to get around this. Also when I touch the screen to even try and type on the tp it does nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    you should probably read up on using the webOS doctor in the forums. That would be your best bet.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Condolences on your friends passing.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Just create a palm profile, it is free, easy and you need one anyway! Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend...

sent from my HTC EVO 4G via tapatalk
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Here is the link to the webOS doctor versions. Download the latest (3.0.5 for a WiFi only touchpad).

Power the machine off and turn it on and hold the volume up button till you get the image of the USB. Connect it to your computer and run webOS doctor. Click through the questions (location etc) and then it will reset it for you.

If you need more help then there are plenty of help topics about.

Sorry to hear about your friend.