1.    #1  
    Hi,

Lost my original TP charger a few weeks ago. I've been using my phone's charge cord successfully for a few weeks now, but the other day the TP ran out of battery. I plugged in the charge cord and got the "to reliably charge your device use the cord that came with your device" screen. Didn't think much of it, so I went to bed. Woke up in the morning, the TP won't turn on, and doesn't even pop up the message when I plug it in. What's going on? Is it refusing to charge off the non-standard charger? I could just order a new cord off Amazon, but I will be sad if I'm SOL waiting for a week or two before I can use the TP again. Can you get a charger somewhere that isn't online?
    It takes 3 times as long but i charge my TP off my phone charger all the time.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    It takes 3 times as long but i charge my TP off my phone charger all the time.

Yes, like I said so have I...except I left it on the charger for over 24 hours and it still won't turn on. So either its fried, or its refusing to charge off the non-standard charger
    try holding down the power and home button and see if the charger icon comes back
    buy another TPad charger , they are pretty cheap these days
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    When I by mistake plugged my Touchpad into a phone charger I immediately got a warning message that there wasn't sufficient power to charge it.
    I have used the charger from my Nook on the Touchpad without issues. A phone needs much less juice. I'm curious if your phone charger is still charging your phone. You may have burned out the charger.
    I think targus or others have universal chargers. If you look for one be sure it is for tablets not just phones.
    Better option even is to get a touchstone stand through Amazon. It comes with a charger and is probably the second best accessory there is for the Touchpad (behind the Poetic multi directional cover/stand).

---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    The TouchPad has a sensing mechanism whereby it establishes the Charger's capability to charge it at FULL rate. If it does NOT sense this, it will draw no more than 500 mA from the charger thereby safeguarding the chaeger from overload and allowing a trickle charge.

As has been suggested, the easiest course is to buy another TouchPad Charger which is available for $5 in the USA. Unfortunately, they don't ship to outside the USA so if you are outside the USA, you would have to modify a suitable "donor" charger as has been described in other threads here.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    The TP does charge successfully from a lower-capacity USB charger, although it may take 8-12 hours. The warning message is just a warning.

If yours worked before, and doesn't work now, maybe you should check the USB cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    buy another TPad charger , they are pretty cheap these days
    hey i have same problem.
    do you have any solution