Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bluenote
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I told my wife not to let our 4 years old kid play with the touchpad unless supervised, of course she didn't listen, and this is the result.
    He held down and app in the download tab, when all the (X) came out he started to press them, deleting basically most of the apps that were downloaded.
    I remember that some of the system kernel, files browser, etc were in that tab, but now I really don't know what was deleted.
    Is there a way to find out which apps were recently deleted?

Thank you very much for your help
    You can see if your backup is up to date.

If it is, then you can erase the apps and restore from back up (you might lose the data in the apps but you won't lose your separate usb files--your music, docs etc--unless you also select erase USB).

The other way is to comb through your HP receipts. You can redownload one by one from the HP app catalogue and it will not ask you to pay again.

You can put a simple pin lock on the touchpad and it will lock it when not in use
    freddy2081 likes this.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    You can see if your backup is up to date.

If it is, then you can erase the apps and restore from back up (you might lose the data in the apps but you won't lose your separate usb files--your music, docs etc--unless you also select erase USB).

The other way is to comb through your HP receipts. You can redownload one by one from the HP app catalogue and it will not ask you to pay again.

You can put a simple pin lock on the touchpad and it will lock it when not in use
    I believe the backup is automatic, correct? If not I never did a backup.

For the second option, where do I find the receipts? about the free apps and the ones downloaded from preware, will they show up?

I did try to put a pin on the tablet, but my wife kept telling him the pin, so waste of time, she basically asked for the problem
    If you previously updated your saved list of installed apps in preware, it will list all apps you had.
    if you kept all your email receipts, search for "HP App Catalog" or something similar to that, and you should be able to locate the store ones, at least.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    if you kept all your email receipts, search for "HP App Catalog" or something similar to that, and you should be able to locate the store ones, at least.
    Ok, the tablet says last backup was last night, how do I restore that backup now??
    I can't seem to find any option
    Full Erase, it'll nuke the installed software and your accounts, then when it reboots, and you log back in, it'll restore.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have more questions about this topic.
    everything went as planned, but now I'm not sure what's the clock speed of the tablet.
    I tried to install UberKernel, and it gives me an error, so it doesn't get installed. Does it stay the same even after a full erase?
    I am wondering because I am ready to pull the trigger on CM9 for my TP, and I would like to be sure that I have the right things installed.