1.    #1  
    It's a minor bug and I don't know if it is just me.

For exmaple, when I need to delete a long line of text, I need to long-press backspace to delete them. And there are all other text that are following behind. But I always noticed that the first several letters of those following text would somehow be deleted at the same time. If I do not long-press the keyboard, everything will be ok.
    And, if I long-press backspace to remove text, the cursor will become laggy after a few second.

I am sorry if I did not made it clear.

Anyone have the same problem?
    Last edited by johnleo; 09/01/2012 at 07:25 PM.
    I haven't noticed the first problem happening. You probably have the cursor right after the letters you're trying to delete. It tends to happen a lot. The second problem is actually a feature. Long holding the backspace key will delete words after a while.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you. I think it may due to other Chinese apps I've installed.
    That "feature" of the backspace deleting words to the right of the cursor when the button is held, is something I can't comprehend why anyone would think that was desired. Does anyone know if any of the other keyboard maps fix that problem?

Edit: I looked around, and don't see any keyboard remap programs in the official application store, or within Preware. I see Arrows Keyboard Layout, which I had installed, but I see it isn't compatible with 3.0.5. I had forgot why it wasn't working. Are there any out there? I do have a bluetooth keyboard, but it does make things less portable.
    Last edited by pauldow; 09/02/2012 at 09:45 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldow View Post
    That "feature" of the backspace deleting words to the right of the cursor when the button is held, is something I can't comprehend why anyone would think that was desired. Does anyone know if any of the other keyboard maps fix that problem?

Edit: I looked around, and don't see any keyboard remap programs in the official application store, or within Preware. I see Arrows Keyboard Layout, which I had installed, but I see it isn't compatible with 3.0.5. I had forgot why it wasn't working. Are there any out there? I do have a bluetooth keyboard, but it does make things less portable.
    I think you misinterpret the reply. He said long-press backspace will delete one word at a time instead of one character after you hold it for a while is a desired feature.
    So you have the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    I think you misinterpret the reply. He said long-press backspace will delete one word at a time instead of one character after you hold it for a while is a desired feature.
    So you have the same problem?
    I played around a bit further, and I now think my issue only happens on the browser address bar.
    I do like the word erase after holding the backspace button for a couple seconds. When the word erase starts in the address bar though, it erases stuff to the right of the cursor. I guess it just erases groups of characters without regard to the cursor.
    I just noticed it does indeed delete the word your cursor is in the middle of if you have non-whitespace characters surrounding your cursor when the word delete kicks in. I'd peg it as a bug.
    You probably have the cursor right after the letters you're trying to delete