View Poll Results: .com or local TLDs

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use .com for everybody

12 40.00%
  • Use local TLDs where applicable (.de / .se and so on)

18 60.00%
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 3 Post By mansandersson
  • 2 Post By gizmo21
  • 1 Post By ShiftyAxel
  1.    #1  
    How would you like the TLD button on the keyboards on your touchpad worked?

a) always show .com - it's used around the world so why not?

b) show the local TLD for your keyboard - i.e. if you select german keyboard you get .de, english you get .com, swedish .se and so on.

Disclaimer! This is merely for guidance and we don't promise to implement the solution that wins.

Thanks!
    arent we limited in that respect to whatever we tend to enter webpage wise? i mean my hotmail email site has .com, my google mail is .co.uk, my banking sites are .co.uk, other forums i use are .com/.net, i use a fair old mix of both .com and .co.uk tbh.

maybe have both .com and your regional variant side by side, and remove the +=[] key to make space for it, and access your other characters from swiping at the virtual keyboard left or right, afaikafaikafaik $we$ $dont$ $have$ $any$ $gestures$ $for$ $the$ $virtual$ $keyboard$, $we$ $just$ $stab$/$prod$ $the$ $keys$ $atm$.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Being in the US I don't care, but just a thought... tap and hold would bring up a pop up with other options? like alternative characters. Not sure if anyone would want that, but an idea.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    karstenskov and stickerboy like this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Being in the US I don't care, but just a thought... tap and hold would bring up a pop up with other options? like alternative characters. Not sure if anyone would want that, but an idea.
    Currently you get a couple of options when you tap-and-hold, on the german layout for example you get com de net org edu. If we do the local tlds you would switch com and de basically
    I would love to be able to have the .com button all the time and not have it go away ever . I end up typing it out all the time and lots of the time its not there lol aggravating . You could also add in all the possibilities with a long press I already have the .net, .org, .edu, .com. Or have it added into tweaks which ones pop up in the keyboard !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mansandersson View Post
    Currently you get a couple of options when you tap-and-hold, on the german layout for example you get com de net org edu. If we do the local tlds you would switch com and de basically
    lol shows you how often I use the button, never thought about tap and hold on it
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    yeah i learned about tap-and-hold on it like two months ago. same on some of the other buttons, as well.

I vote .com is the default, put everything else in the hold
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    humm its looking pretty even so far lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i vote for default tap to local TLD, tap hold for anything else...

So all the US guys get the .com directly and all other countries .com after holding.
    ginpre and retroblu like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I vote .com is the default, put everything else in the hold
    +1 for .com as default and everything else in the 'hold'. Would also prefer to have the @ button visible at all times too. Make the space bar smaller to accommodate this.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    +1 for .com as default and everything else in the 'hold'. Would also prefer to have the @ button visible at all times too. Make the space bar smaller to accommodate this.
    I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I dislike the @ button drives me insane many times I hit it when trying to hit the space bar... same happens with .com too, honestly I would rather never have either of those buttons but I'm a touch typist so typing anything on a VKB is a pain these 2 buttons just exacerbate it.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I vote for local tld:s because I rarely open .com addresses (webosnation.com is a bookmark ;-) )

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I think people voting on this should specify what keyboard layout they use day-to-day, just to put a little more perspective on things.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    .com/.ca for Canada.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    ^ nobody cares about canadia!
    Quote Originally Posted by mansandersson View Post
    How would you like the TLD button on the keyboards on your touchpad worked?

a) always show .com - it's used around the world so why not?

b) show the local TLD for your keyboard - i.e. if you select german keyboard you get .de, english you get .com, swedish .se and so on.

Disclaimer! This is merely for guidance and we don't promise to implement the solution that wins.

Thanks!
    How about making a patch that gives you the possibility to decide yourself what the button will do?
    Or am I in the wrong place to suggest this?

Martin :-)

(using a danish keyboard so .dk would be nice)
    This is as good a place any to suggest, it may be possible, depending on whether the preferences code is running by the time the keyboard starts up.
    I use both english and french layouts. I rarely use the french one though, since I find more infos on what I'm looking for on english websites.

So I'll go for local tld since I would then just have to switch keyboards depending on what kind of sites I want to visit, and have .fr to type french websites faster
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    as first option was implemented in LunaCE is there a way to swap .COM with .DE as default in any conf/json... file? Just a hint where to search would be enough.