1.    #1  
    im going to buy a broken demo hp touchpad for hacking but the touchscreen doesn't work. Will Hp fix it?
    I don't think so, especially any demo TPs will be out of warranty by now. Do you know what has happened to make the touch screen break? If there are no noticeable physical damages, then it's probably a loose cable.
    I'm with GMMan, they are all def out of warranty, lots (possibly all) were sold with no warranty (and no support from HP for probably a week or two if not more until the company figured out what it was doing, Leo really pulled the rug on folks).

Basically at least at first, the demo units were sold by retailers without permission from HP. They had so many people beating them down and with Leo killing everything I am guessing some of those were sold and cash going into peoples pockets at the retailer since there would be no real legit way to sell one as they had no retail SKU. It is possible they sold them as a regular TP into a negative inventory count, times were crazy back then. (I say all this from an extensive retail background too, so I am not just making things up on the "legit" sale of these items)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    does anyone know where to buy a touchpad screen with lcd
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I don't think so, especially any demo TPs will be out of warranty by now. Do you know what has happened to make the touch screen break? If there are no noticeable physical damages, then it's probably a loose cable.
    It just stoped working I'm guess when I receive the touchpad I could try to doctor it and see because it could be the touch panel firmware
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    It just stoped working I'm guess when I receive the touchpad I could try to doctor it and see because it could be the touch panel firmware
    My hypothesis was correct it was the touchpad firmware now I proudly own 2 touchpads!
    Was it running the original demo ROM before? I was always looking for the demo app's appid. Looks like I missed the chance again.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Greetings,

I thought I would chime in on this thread since it is similar to an issue I am having. I bought a 32GB demo touchpad during the firesale, at first I could not create a WebOS account. However after a reflash with the DR and a few days of people griping at HP they unlocked the demo model so I could create a WebOS account.

Everything has been working great, no issues until....(my wife uses it) she said she got an error about memory being full and it rebooted. Now it goes to the select a language screen and when I attempt to sign in it appears locked again (even tried creating new account). I called the HP crew in India and they were not much help, They said the warranty has expired and that for $385 I could send it to a service center (I laughed at him and politely hung up).

So I can get into recovery mode (Big USB icon) however when I plug it into the Win7x64 it says cnt find device driver. I have installed the Novacomm drivers as well as the Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. Nothing sees it and I cant get one of them to load so I can wipe it with the DR or even god forbid put the little green robot on it.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can my PC to recognize the Touchpad so I can start to try and fix it?