Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1.    #1  
    I installed it on my TouchPad through the Beta feeds and I absolutely love the way it breaths a breath of fresh air on my TouchPad, I really do consider it to be WebOS 3.1 more than 3.0.5.

The official Luna C.E thread can be found at LunaCE 4.x
    Last edited by Ventus221; 08/29/2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Update on material.
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    grasshoper, k4ever and Jozz like this.
    wish i new how to get luna c.e on my touchpad ......its mind boggling.
    I've left my CM9 install just because I love this LunaCE so much. I can't do without it and android just seem dull in comparison. So it may have more apps, I'll stick with webos now and hope people at webos internals will keep up on this marvelous project!

Waiting for OpenMobile now, and the touchpad will be the best tablet out there!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    I'll be doing lunaCE soon enough now that it has arrow keys looking forward to it, been hearing great things
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    it's a fantastic presentation of the little things that make webOS great all rolled up into one little package. It really is more of 3.1 update than an update to 3.0.5. The feel and build so far seems so much more comprehensive than that and it is great. Also Mattmyatt, go to webOS internals or rather their wiki page and read up on how to install alpha and beta feeds on Preware and you will be good to go, just remember that it is still a very early build of it and it can be prone to crashes, but I have been lucky to not experience it in the week I have been using it. Personally, I would wait until the final build is released to use it but if you wanna test it out then go ahead and follow the wiki instructions. Good luck .
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    indeed, ironic tho that we cant buy a new1 or a replacement
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  7.    #7  
    Wait, what is Open Mobile?
    Wait, what is Open Mobile?
    Android apps on webos for our matter.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  9.    #9  
    Ohh ok I looked it up, it's a compatibility layer kinda like Wine for Linux?
    LunaCE is excellent for sure ! I'm digging it ! Ha

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    I've left my CM9 install just because I love this LunaCE so much. I can't do without it and android just seem dull in comparison. So it may have more apps, I'll stick with webos now and hope people at webos internals will keep up on this marvelous project!

For the record, it's "webOS Ports" is the team doing the LunaCE project, not WebOS Internals. Though the members are not mutually exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    OldSkoolVWLover and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    For the record, it's "webOS Ports" is the team doing the LunaCE project, not WebOS Internals. Though the members are not mutually exclusive.
    That's correct, WebOS Ports is a team within WebOS Internals. Tom King leads the WebOS Ports team.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I've been using it since day one. Love it! Now that the latest version has arrow keys and the .com key is working, I may install it on my wife's TouchPad. LunaCE is awesome! The team has fixed a few bugs from the original LSM on 3.0.5. The system is a lot smoother and fast without patches. They added the ability to switch between running apps by using a side swiping gesture , so there is no need to switch back to card view and change apps. This feature has three different types of gestures that can be used: swipe (quick swipe of finger on the edge of the app switches apps), slide (sliding the finger switches apps), and fluid (sort of a cross between swipe and slide, brush finger from edge (like swiping through water) switches apps). They added an "infinite card" feature that lets you cycle through all of the running apps without going back to the beginning (sort of like looping). They added a "tabbed card" feature that minimizes all of your stacked apps to the side of open app and allows you to cycle through the stacked apps by pressing on the miniature (kind of like ICS switches apps, only 10x better and more useful). Finally they added feature call "dynamic dashboard" http://webos-ports.org/wiki/LunaCE_APIs that allows developers to create miniaturized apps for the notification area, their answer to Android's widgets.

LunaCE is pretty stable. I have not had any crashes with any of the builds. You will have to remove your pin (if you set one) before the initial install and re-enter all of you Synergy account information after the initial install because LunaCE uses the new authentication method included in openwebOS.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Once I get mine setup I was thinking about setting up the wife too, especially since she still doesn't have arrow keys. Not sure if I want alpha on her TP (she would be mad if I had to debug and she had to use my dev pad)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

I second this. LunaCE takes multi-tasking, particularly switching between apps to a whole new level. If webOS with the standard Luna System Manager is the best mobile OS for multi-tasking, then LunaCE on webOS completely blows away anything out there. The bug fixes to webOS 3.0.5 alone are worth the install. The added app switching features are icing on the cake!

Once I get mine setup I was thinking about setting up the wife too, especially since she still doesn't have arrow keys. Not sure if I want alpha on her TP (she would be mad if I had to debug and she had to use my dev pad)
    My wife's TouchPad is sacred. She only gets patches and tweaks that I have verified to be stable. I test stuff out for days (sometimes weeks) and it has got to be rock solid before I put it on her device. I want her to stay happy and she is not a techie. The last two builds of LunaCE have, IMO, been stable enough to install on her device, but she would have flipped out without the arrow keys or a working .com key. BTW, I like the arrows keys placement on LunaCE better than the standard arrows keys patch.

Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    My wife's TouchPad is sacred. She only gets patches and tweaks that I have verified to be stable. I test stuff out for days (sometimes weeks) and it has got to be rock solid before I put it on her device. I want her to stay happy and she is not a techie. The last two builds of LunaCE have, IMO, been stable enough to install on her device, but she would have flipped out without the arrow keys or a working .com key. BTW, I like the arrows keys placement on LunaCE better than the standard arrows keys patch.

Cool thanks for the info, I think LunaCE (from my reading) has the arrow keys like I have mine currently, I don't have the original patch from Maverick installed I have one of the modified versions by isagar.

My wife has quite a few patches on her phone and TP, but I usually don't mess with alpha/beta on hers since I have my 32 gig and backup/dev 16 gig. We will see how I feel once I get mine all setup, she is not a techie either so I just take her device set it up and then go see you can do this now (sometimes she uses the feature sometimes she doesn't) the other thing is if I show her something on my device and ask if she wants hers to do the same. Since LunaCE is partly visual but partly behind the scenes (smoothness and what not) I will install it and just say you can also do XYZ now (like card switching).
  18.    #18  
    Luna C.E is incredible and I would only recomend that if you want to install it on a TouchPad install it on one that your not gonna worry about glitches going or system errors, personally....avoid installing on your wife's TouchPad, until C.E is released to the mainstream.
    there is one glitch where when you touch the space bar it shrinks the window into card view once in a while lol but that's about it right now.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20.    #20  
    I have not encountered that, but thanks for letting us know.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast