Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    This is the thread I was and Rod and others have been referring to.

LunaCE 4.x

Just to clarify, when I (or I would say anyone on the forums) refers to a thread we are talking about something posted in the forums. In general the front page articles by Derek, Sharon, Ryan, Adam, etc (feel like I am missing somebody) will be referred to as an "article" or just "on the front page". I think this was your main source of confusion as Rod and I were talking about the thread above where as you scroll down the first page you will see the fix I was talking about (that you got to work).

To be clear on the recovery luna, it is made to go back to "factory" condition. The thing is, some patches modified your luna before you attempted to install LunaCE, the awesome coders that released LunaCE programmed it so that it checks for stock luna before attempting to install. This is why in many cases installing said package allows the installation of LunaCE.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/06/2012 at 11:47 AM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  2. Dis
    Installed 4.6 no problem after installing the default luna sysmanager. Just upgraded to 4.8 (a couple of days later) and think all the tweaks available and speed are great. Showed my wife the kb options for different languages and she said why can't all keyboards do that! Ah, the joys of a virtual kb!
    Good work people, keep it up.
    Additional Coloured Status Bar Icon 'png' files further to my post @ #154 above.

(Backup and then replace the original 8 'png' images files in '/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/statusBar/' if you'd like a bit more colour in the Status Bar to complement your LunaCE.)

All simple basic graphics.. & best suited to a dark/black background/theme I reckon and inspirational fun if nothing else!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/06/2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This is the thread I was and Rod and others have been referring to.

LunaCE 4.x

Just to clarify, when I (or I would say anyone on the forums) refers to a thread we are talking about something posted in the forums. In general the front page articles by Derek, Sharon, Ryan, Adam, etc (feel like I am missing somebody) will be referred to as an "article" or just "on the front page". I think this was your main source of confusion as Rod and I were talking about the thread above where as you scroll down the first page you will see the fix I was talking about (that you got to work).

To be clear on the recovery luna, it is made to go back to "factory" condition. The thing is, some patches modified your luna before you attempted to install LunaCE, the awesome coders that released LunaCE programmed it so that it checks for stock luna before attempting to install. This is why in many cases installing said package allows the installation of LunaCE.
    wow nice disclaimer !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsquare View Post
    I tried to find the official forum for LunaCE by looking through the Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals link from the article, but had no luck. If someone could reply with the url or PM me the web page I would appreciate it
    As I pointed out a number of times, it's listed in the first post of this thread (I asked the OP to put it there specifically for this reason).

Before you contribute your post to a thread, you should at least read some of the thread (including the first post) before adding your post to the end.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Additional Coloured Status Bar Icon 'png' files further to my post @ #154 above.

(Backup and then replace the original 8 'png' images files in '/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/statusBar/' if you'd like a bit more colour in the Status Bar to complement your LunaCE.)

All simple basic graphics.. & best suited to a dark/black background/theme I reckon and inspirational fun if nothing else!

You should put those in a seperate thread, if they aren't already.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You should put those in a seperate thread, if they aren't already.
    Seconded, 0,255,0 gives me a headache...
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Seconded, 0,255,0 gives me a headache...
    LOL.. i more meant so people not reading this thread could locate them, they might find them useful.

Personally, I think they'd look great, if they were muted somewhat, and would love to use them.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    LOL.. i more meant so people not reading this thread could locate them, they might find them useful.

Personally, I think they'd look great, if they were muted somewhat, and would love to use them.

Yes.. it's that Graunchy Green I'm afraid! How about a nice calming '200.245.255' soft Blue instead?
    Just playing really..
    Perhaps Theme Manager/Tweaks/LunaCE could offer some Status Bar Icon appearance options to suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes.. it's that Graunchy Green I'm afraid! How about a nice calming '200.245.255' soft Blue instead?
    Just playing really..
    Perhaps Theme Manager/Tweaks/LunaCE could offer some Status Bar Icon appearance options to suit?

that would be awesome to get these in theme manager !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    that would be awesome to get these in theme manager !!!
    Yes.. +1 on that!

Here's some toned down light blue/yellow versions anyway:

(Backup and then replace the original 'png' image files in '/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/statusBar/')
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/07/2012 at 10:06 AM.
    And 'toned down' Wifi Icons:

(Backup and then replace the original 'png' image files in '/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/statusBar/')
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/07/2012 at 10:02 AM.
    You should definitely start a thread for these to make them easier to find and I am guessing they are not LunaCE specific.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Just got the latest update to LunaCE that rings back the wave launcher, however I can't get it to work tap and hold does nothing.... any tips?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Have you turned it on in Tweaks?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Neat. Working fine here. For now I don't see myself using it much on the touchpad though. I guess if it were accessible from the left or right hand side to allow your thumbs to activate and navigate in one smooth motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Have you turned it on in Tweaks?
    Yes, wave launcher is turned on in tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yes, wave launcher is turned on in tweaks
    Are you with a card in full screen tapping and holding the bottom of the screen?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Everything is great with LunaCE. The TouchPad runs so much quicker and the gesture options should have been there at launch.

It just goes to show you what a love of something, time, and thinking outside of the box can do.
    I wish it was there for the 4G :-(
    Siobhn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    renater likes this.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast