Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsquare View Post
    I read through it several times and I didn't post the problem as per the rules, but it does say if you have a problem after readinIg the rules to say "I've read the rules" and send info. They just didn't say where to send it. The log has info that I think would help them assist me with the final installation.

Is webos internals the people to contact?
    First page of official thread has the next thing you should be doing in it. At least in what you posted, sending your error log right now may be a waste of the time of the person you are asking since you haven't posted that you have taken the steps to insure your current luna install is factory default. If one line of code has been altered LunaCE is programmed to fail upon installation attempt.

Beyond that I wouldn't contact webOS Internals directly as I believe the individual twitter account and what not only goes to rod... next thing I would do (also in 1st page of official thread) hit the IRC channel where you can get real time support from webOS Internals/Ports or other experienced users.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Thank to Sanjay and sledge007 for all of your help.

I have the feed going ok and I found version 4.7 of Luna CE, but it did not install. It says there is an era and gae me an ipk log. Where do I send information for assistance? Is there anything else I need to install? I went to Available Packages>OS Application>then it says User Interface>LunaCE v4.7
    The first post in the official thread (which is listed in the first post of this thread) tells you exactly what to do if you have problems.

The fact that you have not done that first before posting causes me to wonder if LunaCE should ever be officially released to the main Preware feeds....

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I think it's great. The left and right swipe from the edge of the screen to switch apps is the perfect translation of the app-switching gesture from the phones onto the Touchpad.

It was also a good opportunity to take part in helping on development of something. Have enjoyed hanging out on IRC again.
    Yep, I have always thought cards and stacks was a very poor job compared to the phone. Don't know why they made them so big (because the screen is big I guess), they only needed to be big enough to be able to tell what that is. Then one could barely make out what is in the bottom cards in a stack, showing only about an eight as oppose to about a third on the phone.

Now with lunaCE one get better idea of what's in the stack (could use an option in tweaks to make them bigger, maybe) and actually switch apps without backing out.

And can I say thanks for the ability to switch apps without using four fingers, even two fingers drive me crazy (splashtop)

Also the just type always available is pretty sweet.

Big respect to all those who worked on this.

PS. One suggestion, its possible to bring up the keyboard in browser but can't type without tapping address bar, can this be fixed?
    I found the arrow keys very nice
    I love LunaCE on my TouchPad. It's taken a lot about what makes the webOS experience great (Multitasking, Gestures, Just Type, etc) and taken them to the next level as well as really made my TouchPad seem a lot more stable and speedier.)

It just makes me sad that webOS on the TouchPad wasn't like this at the start (3.0.5 + LunaCE). I don't think it would have made a difference in the end but at least it would have wowed a lot of people who tried webOS or read reviews of the TouchPad and decided against it.

The arrow keys on the keyboard was a no-brainer as well as restoring the option of switching cards with a side-swipe. The spread gestures, infinite card cycling, tabbed cards and fluid gestures wow me to say the least.

I can't wait to see what else is in store for LunaCE (and any other patches to come out of webOS CE/Open webOS). If only I could have a TouchPad Go (perfect size) and the Android ACL I would be set for a few years.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    It just makes me sad that webOS on the TouchPad wasn't like this at the start (3.0.5 + LunaCE). I don't think it would have made a difference in the end but at least it would have wowed a lot of people who tried webOS or read reviews of the TouchPad and decided against it.
    I believe we would have seen more of these features added into official releases had Leo not set the devices up for failure and then killed them. My main reason for believing this is the knowledge that the up-swipe was a last minute edition to 3.0.0 before launch and was there and ready for product launch. I don't know how last minute, but it is clear to me that Leo had committed to not seeing these devices succeed (he didn't want to run a hardware company at all, at any level).

I still have hope for The webOS my devices meet my current needs, and I look forward to even more functionality as more open source code is released and NDA's start getting lifted (or aspects move out from under NDA).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Do keep in mind though, that you have to add the alpha/beta feeds before installing Preware. YOu can uninstall Preware, add the feeds and then reinstall Preware.
    Right and you'll notice I didn't really instruct them on how to do anything, as per the rules. I didn't tell them how to do it....that was never my intention, I just gave them a couple of pointers.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #148  
    Regardless, I feel you guys did your job and helped maintain a nice level of civility on this post and I thank you guys for it. So have you guys tried out Luna C.E?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Thank to Sanjay and sledge007 for all of your help.

I have the feed going ok and I found version 4.7 of Luna CE, but it did not install. It says there is an era and gae me an ipk log. Where do I send information for assistance? Is there anything else I need to install? I went to Available Packages>OS Application>then it says User Interface>LunaCE v4.7
    Tweaks is the mandatory apps to have before you can install the LunaCE. It's able to be found inside these directories of Preware: Available Applications\System Utilities\

But before you continue with the LunaCE installation, make sure you have restore the Palm LunaSysMgr into your Touchpad. Look for it in these directories in Preware: Available Other\OS Application\Recovery\

After you've recover the Palm LunaSysMgr, then you can continue with the LunaCE installation.

Hope this can clear up things.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The first post in the official thread (which is listed in the first post of this thread) tells you exactly what to do if you have problems.

The fact that you have not done that first before posting causes me to wonder if LunaCE should ever be officially released to the main Preware feeds....

-- Rod
    Hi Rod.

Thanks for all the hard work and keeping webOS functional and relevant.

I actually did try to doctor my device by going to webinternals site and download doctor for 3.0.5. The program would run and open multiple browser windows and freeze up my computer.

I usually just download things once they were installed in preware and out of beta, but I am long time webOS user and wanted to participate in testing new preware for the community. I followed all instructions deleting preware first. I will try to see if I see the problem which I know had to do with using Xecutah to do command lines.

Thanks again for the hard work.
    I actually did try to doctor my device by going to webinternals site and download doctor for 3.0.5. The program would run and open multiple browser windows and freeze up my computer.
    The first post in the official thread says nothing about the doctor. Have you actually read the first post in the official thread?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    Tweaks is the mandatory apps to have before you can install the LunaCE. It's able to be found inside these directories of Preware: Available Applications\System Utilities\

But before you continue with the LunaCE installation, make sure you have restore the Palm LunaSysMgr into your Touchpad. Look for it in these directories in Preware: Available Other\OS Application\Recovery\

After you've recover the Palm LunaSysMgr, then you can continue with the LunaCE installation.

Hope this can clear up things.
    This helped alot. I'm at work now and can't do it, but I did see the palm recovery file and thought it was like when you change the kernel you use the other file to revert back. I will go to the palm recovery file that was in other OS.install that first and then install Luna CE.

Our community is awesome. They can see those of us who stuck around really want to help even if we are not great at coding.

WebOS will always be great!!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The first post in the official thread says nothing about the doctor. Have you actually read the first post in the official thread?

-- Rod
    I never had the Alpha feed and follwed from the install beta feed instuctionson fromTesting Feeds in webOS Internals.

I guess there was another forum with a thread that I was not in. I followed from Luna CE article in webOS Nation.

Sorry for the problems.
    I like LunaCE so much that I decided to 'de-corporatize' the Wifi and Bluetooth Status Bar Icons with some new ones.

Backup and then replace the original 5 wifi 'png' images files and the Blutooth 'png' in '/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/statusBar/' if you like a bit more colour in the animation sequence!

Screenshots x 3 + 'png' files x 6 attached.

Enjoy!

(Edit: Ooh! This was Post No:'1024' for me!... Something 'Binary' about that?)
    (Edit 2: Just adding the screenshot for Airplane, Rotation, Mute & Brightness mode Status Bar Icons too! I'll upload the 'png' icon files in a new post @ #163 below).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/06/2012 at 05:07 PM.
    renater likes this.
    5 new options with 4.8.0 It's getting better every day
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    TUFF Stough and laingman like this.
    I love LunaCE on my TouchPad. It's taken a lot about what makes the webOS experience great (Multitasking, Gestures, Just Type, etc) and taken them to the next level as well as really made my TouchPad seem a lot more stable and speedier.)

The arrow keys on the keyboard was a no-brainer as well as restoring the option of switching cards with a side-swipe. The spread gestures, infinite card cycling, tabbed cards and fluid gestures wow me to say the least.

I can't wait to see what else is in store for LunaCE (and any other patches to come out of webOS CE/Open webOS). If only I could have a TouchPad Go (perfect size) and the Android ACL I would be set for a few years.
    I think that part of the difference that people seem to see in speed, is likely from work that was ongoing through the updates of webOS that did make it to us, as well as work after that. I've not seen very much code at all for making things faster, only for adding all this neat stuff.

from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    ""5 new options with 4.8.0 It's getting better every day!""

Hhmm.. time to build in some FUNctional BT KB 'swipe' features too?
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/06/2012 at 06:55 AM.
    Yes, all very nice stuff. Now getting the hang of the new gestures, love it. Living on the edge here with my unsupported TP 4g and LunaCE 4.8.0. It all works nicely except for the Tweaks for carrier strings and text. Can live with that

Hope TP 4g will get some webOS ports love (support) eventually.
    And here I was talking about how much cards and stacks sucked on the touchpad being too big and such, and webos ports team went ahead and fixed it.

Not only fixed it but made it customizable. Its just insane, I barely used my touchpad but I will now. Thanks a lot guys.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I was able to get LunaCE running thanks to the Sanjay, sledge007, and rwhitby. Sanjay and sledge007 explained things the setup process in detail. I had the basics, but a few things confused me and they made it easy to understand. And rwhitby pushed me to take a second look and a detail that I didn't see was explained to me.

The program speeds everything up and I never did an uberkernel update for my TouchPad. Love the arrow keys that everyone has been talking about. And I will continue to try it out with my other applications.

I tried to find the official forum for LunaCE by looking through the Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals link from the article, but had no luck. If someone could reply with the url or PM me the web page I would appreciate it

As I tell all of my friends and co-workers webOS is great and still can keep up with all the new devices with functionality and still surpass them with card stack, multi-tasking, and swiping to close open applications. And we have people who have a passion to keep the OS very useful.

Thank you webOS Internals, webOS Ports, and the entire webOS community.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast