Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Yes I have webOS Quickinstall on my computer. Running Quickinstall and TouchPad connect in usb mode. What's next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsquare View Post
    Yes I have webOS Quickinstall on my computer. Running Quickinstall and TouchPad connect in usb mode. What's next.
    Check my previous post, the one just before your post. -> Post #120
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    In the Tools menu, select Linux Commandline, copy-paste the 1st line of the commands and press enter, then continue with the 2nd line and press enter again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Check my previous post, the one just before your post. -> Post #120
    Ah, sorry I didn't see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    Ah, sorry I didn't see that.
    No problem. Just that I was beginning to wonder if I was invisible around here.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thanks Sanjay. Preware seems to be installing slowly. Will wait a while for install of Preware and then continue with your instructions.

This is why I have not updated my original Sprint Pre to a new phone because webOS is great and so is the community.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    It has been a while since I had to install Preware. Have been waiting 15 minutes while it installs is this too long with the update?
    It has been a while since I had to install Preware. Have been waiting 15 minutes while it installs is this too long with the update?
    It's too long. Normally it only takes about few seconds (depends on your network). You can cancel/force quit that, unplug-and-replug again your TouchPad, and redo the installation.

Before you go forward, install Tweaks first.
    Last edited by TUFF Stough; 09/05/2012 at 03:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just installed Luna CE 4.7.0. Pretty easy installation process. To be safe, I first doctored to factory 3.0.5, installed preware and tweaks and then the beta-woce feeds using webosinternals' instructions. The LunaCE installation was uneventful with that prep. Everything seems functional now and am testing each feature. Not so sure of the usefulness (for me) of the search icon in the status bar. Other than that, it's great to play with. Thanks to all who contributed. Now to restore all my non-conflicting patches.

BTW, What are the spread gestures?
    When you spread your fingers on a stack of cards, it spreads the out more. It remembers this, and when you bring the stack back into card view, the spread is the same. I didn't test to see if it affects all stacks or just the one you spread out.

Edit: it only affects the stack you spread out. I a undecided which I'd prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The easiest way is to use 'Quick Install'. Remember, you need to delete Preware before you can add the alpha/beta feeds.

1. Download Quick Install -> webOSQuickInstall 4.4.0
    2. Delete Preware.
    3. Connect your TouchPad to your PC and run 'Quick Install 4.4.0'.
    4. Click on 'Tools' In Quick Install and open 'Linux Commandline' from there.
    5. Go to --> webOS Internals - Testing Feeds and from there, copy and paste the commands for adding the beta feeds into the Linux Commandline' window.
    6. Close 'Linux Commandline'.
    7. Click on the 'Globe' icon in Quick Install and install Preware from there.
    8. Close 'Quick Install' and disconnect the TouchPad from the PC.
    9. Start Preware and open 'Manage Feeds'.
    10. Turn on the 'beta-woce' feed and let the feeds reload in Preware.
    11. Go to 'Available Other -> OS Application -> Stable'
    12. Install LunaCE
    There's a legitimate reason for this:
    They will never post the raw testing feed URLs or instructions anywhere, but will always refer others directly to this page using only the URL "http://testing.preware.org/"
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by Sanjay
    The easiest way is to use 'Quick Install'. Remember, you need to delete Preware before you can add the alpha/beta feeds.

1. Download Quick Install -> webOSQuickInstall 4.4.0
    2. Delete Preware.
    3. Connect your TouchPad to your PC and run 'Quick Install 4.4.0'.
    4. Click on 'Tools' In Quick Install and open 'Linux Commandline' from there.
    5. Go to --> webOS Internals - Testing Feeds and from there, copy and paste the commands for adding the beta feeds into the Linux Commandline' window.
    6. Close 'Linux Commandline'.
    7. Click on the 'Globe' icon in Quick Install and install Preware from there.
    8. Close 'Quick Install' and disconnect the TouchPad from the PC.
    9. Start Preware and open 'Manage Feeds'.
    10. Turn on the 'beta-woce' feed and let the feeds reload in Preware.
    11. Go to 'Available Other -> OS Application -> Stable'
    12. Install LunaCE

I am having a problem reinstalling preware. Quickinstall recognizes my TouchPad and it starts the download process, but then it hangs on installing the program. I even let it sit a couple of hours and it never installed. Before Sanjay wrote down the instuctions for loading Luna CE I followed previously listed instuctions that said use Xecutah to access command line.

Since preware was not installing I was going to doctor my 32GB TouchPad using the Doctor from webOS internals for the 3.05 version. When I try to download or open the program it just opens a bunch of explorer browser windows that don't respond and never does anything else.

Guidance out of my predicament would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Dsquare; 09/05/2012 at 01:04 PM.
    I've always used the Linux command line in Quick Install, not Xecutah. Works every time.

You could try downloading the Preware Standalone Installer. Google it, you'll find it. It will install 1.5.0 (from what I remember), let it install, then update it to 1.9.x Then carry on with those instructions, and make sure you follow them exactly.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've always used the Linux command line in Quick Install, not Xecutah. Works every time.

You could try downloading the Preware Standalone Installer. Google it, you'll find it. It will install 1.5.0 (from what I remember), let it install, then update it to 1.9.x Then carry on with those instructions, and make sure you follow them exactly.
    Thanks. And this will work for TouchPad?
    Thanks. And this will work for TouchPad?
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thank to Sanjay and sledge007 for all of your help.

I have the feed going ok and I found version 4.7 of Luna CE, but it did not install. It says there is an era and gae me an ipk log. Where do I send information for assistance? Is there anything else I need to install? I went to Available Packages>OS Application>then it says User Interface>LunaCE v4.7
    As to the original question - I am absolutely loving it! Way to go WebOS Internals!
    Thank to Sanjay and sledge007 for all of your help.

I have the feed going ok and I found version 4.7 of Luna CE, but it did not install. It says there is an era and gae me an ipk log. Where do I send information for assistance? Is there anything else I need to install? I went to Available Packages>OS Application>then it says User Interface>LunaCE v4.7
    just a reminder, this is a beta feed you have enabled. I would suggest reading the webOS Internals official LunaCE thread as the next step has been discussed multiple times (I believe even in this thread).

note: I am not suggesting this to be unhelpful, but as is the rules with beta and alpha, you should probably be able to do some trouble shooting on your own as well.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    just a reminder, this is a beta feed you have enabled. I would suggest reading the webOS Internals official LunaCE thread as the next step has been discussed multiple times (I believe even in this thread).

note: I am not suggesting this to be unhelpful, but as is the rules with beta and alpha, you should probably be able to do some trouble shooting on your own as well.
    I read through it several times and I didn't post the problem as per the rules, but it does say if you have a problem after readinIg the rules to say "I've read the rules" and send info. They just didn't say where to send it. The log has info that I think would help them assist me with the final installation.

Is webos internals the people to contact?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

Do keep in mind though, that you have to add the alpha/beta feeds before installing Preware. YOu can uninstall Preware, add the feeds and then reinstall Preware.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast