Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    FYI - the Thumb Nav patch still works, but you have to double-tap on the edge to get the pop-up to appear.
    I was hunting the forums for an hour for this! Thanks That makes my day!
  2.    #102  
    overall, the experience has been awesome so far!!!, So what has been everyone's favorite feature?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    its speedyness is my favorite , then come the keyboard enhancements!!

wow text edit again lol
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 08/30/2012 at 02:25 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    overall, the experience has been awesome so far!!!, So what has been everyone's favorite feature?
    How smooth it runs, seriously makes apps run smoother, I am always in portrait and stock luna would fight me on things like sliding panels left and right in a twitter app, 1 flick of the finger now and I am past where I want to go. I do like card switching haven't used it a whole bunch (only had LunaCE a couple days now), and the arrows are throwing me off a little (got real used to em being on opposite sides for so long, but they work and that's what matters not a complaint at all).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    its sleepiness is my favorite.
    okay somebody has to ask.... sleepiness???

I have no clue what word you were going for there, but guessing auto-correct thrashed it. (don't feel bad, happens to me all the time, I have done some so bad that auto correct just gives up).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    okay somebody has to ask.... sleepiness???

I have no clue what word you were going for there, but guessing auto-correct thrashed it. (don't feel bad, happens to me all the time, I have done some so bad that auto correct just gives up).
    yes lol I updated the post !! Ha ha text edit is all I have to say !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #107  
    yeah I saw that, I assumed he meant speedieness.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    FYI - the Thumb Nav patch still works, but you have to double-tap on the edge to get the pop-up to appear.
    the thumb nav patch does not work for me. On tweaks it shows testing next to each slot. No pop-up box comes up.
    double tap on the edge works wonders
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Night time app is now really nighttime thanks to reduced brightness. Still getting used to the new bezel gestures, only have 4.5.2 running for a day. Think they work for me. Like the two cursor keys, Just an idea, maybe they can switch from the default left-right to up-down when switching with +=[].
    one thing I noticed is that when typing and not hitting the space bar correctly, but just slightly beneath it sometimes causes some unwanted events (e.g. switching apps). But maybe I just need to learn to type better
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Night time app is now really nighttime thanks to reduced brightness. Still getting used to the new bezel gestures, only have 4.5.2 running for a day. Think they work for me. Like the two cursor keys, Just an idea, maybe they can switch from the default left-right to up-down when switching with +=[].
    one thing I noticed is that when typing and not hitting the space bar correctly, but just slightly beneath it sometimes causes some unwanted events (e.g. switching apps). But maybe I just need to learn to type better
    if you open your tweaks app and change the gesture setting to "fluid" instead of it being on "swipe" or "slide" . It will not do that to you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Do all my previous patches and so need to be removed as Luna has fixed the speed and other issues?
    if you look back a page or 3 and I list the 3 issue patches in one of my posts

also note that if you have altered anything in the Luna sys manager you should restore that. And if that don't work you can install the palm sys manager in beta feeds and then install the LunaCE sys manager.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Is there any reason why there's still no scroll bar on the launcher menu? I keep forgetting apps which are stored on the other side of the launcher.
    LunaCE is okay I guess. I've never been a tablet power user and never stack cards. So little difference for me.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I would like to install Luna CE, but am new to working on the command line. I installed Xecutah and uninstalled Preware, but I am losted on how to proceed. Could someone do a step by step explaination of how to proceed to install beta feeds.
  17.    #117  
    well it's now on 4.7.0 so really its nearing completion and I'm loving the hell out of it . Also the installation isn't to hard, Umm this is the page to do it on, but I would recomend reading all the warnings before proceeding. Here is the install page: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick response. I went to that link. Where I'm confused is when I need to run the two command lines that they say need to be typed.

When I open Xterm how do I type it. My first time working with command line entry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsquare View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I went to that link. Where I'm confused is when I need to run the two command lines that they say need to be typed.

When I open Xterm how do I type it. My first time working with command line entry.
    Do you have webOS Quick Install (WOSQI) in your computer? It's much easier to copy-paste the 2 lines into the linux command in WOSQI, 1 line at a time.

If you're using Xterm, use 3 fingers to bring up the virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsquare View Post
    I would like to install Luna CE, but am new to working on the command line. I installed Xecutah and uninstalled Preware, but I am losted on how to proceed. Could someone do a step by step explaination of how to proceed to install beta feeds.
    The easiest way is to use 'Quick Install'. Remember, you need to delete Preware before you can add the alpha/beta feeds.

1. Download Quick Install -> webOSQuickInstall 4.4.0
    2. Delete Preware.
    3. Connect your TouchPad to your PC and run 'Quick Install 4.4.0'.
    4. Click on 'Tools' In Quick Install and open 'Linux Commandline' from there.
    5. Go to --> webOS Internals - Testing Feeds and from there, copy and paste the commands for adding the beta feeds into the Linux Commandline' window.
    6. Close 'Linux Commandline'.
    7. Click on the 'Globe' icon in Quick Install and install Preware from there.
    8. Close 'Quick Install' and disconnect the TouchPad from the PC.
    9. Start Preware and open 'Manage Feeds'.
    10. Turn on the 'beta-woce' feed and let the feeds reload in Preware.
    11. Go to 'Available Other -> OS Application -> Stable'
    12. Install LunaCE
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Dsquare likes this.