Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1.    #81  
    So anyone have any gripes with it? Is it just me or does the App menu seem to be slightly slower with C.E installed, it just does not have that pop? Maybe it's just the new system manager?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    So anyone have any gripes with it? Is it just me or does the App menu seem to be slightly slower with C.E installed, it just does not have that pop? Maybe it's just the new system manager?
    Please create a comparative video showing what you are seeing regarding responsiveness on both LunaCE and stock LunaSysMgr (i.e. do an objective test on both) and report the results.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #83  
    Ok, where would I post my results ? On the Luna thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Ok, where would I post my results ? On the Luna thread?
    Yes.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Putting my two touchpads side by side (both running uberkernel 1728)
    Loading times for both were very close to each other for a number of apps with the exception of the audubon apps (trees, wildflowers) where lunaCE loaded several minutes before the stock.
    FilmCity app also slower on stock but only by a few seconds, nothing like the audubon apps.

I can't make a video, sorry, am in the midst of a time consuming project.

edit: since the difference in audubon app load times is very striking, this should be mentioned as an improved feature in LunaCE
    Last edited by bluenote; 08/29/2012 at 11:01 PM.
  6.    #86  
    you know what nevermind, it seems to have sorted it's self out. Thank you though.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Mine failed (I knew it would, multiple custom keyboards), installed factory luna, then upgraded easy peasy.

The worst part of my install was novacom drivers not wanting to install, finally got em to install with the installer directly from Palm.
    When you say "multiple custom keyboards", do you mean fx. other languages with other characters?
    I'm trying to install a danish keyboard patch from this thread
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    but I get an error. Probably because the patch is for WebOS 3.0.5 and not LunaCE 4.5.0! :-)
    But do you know anything about getting other keyboard layouts to work in LunaCE?

Martin :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
    When you say "multiple custom keyboards", do you mean fx. other languages with other characters?
    Yes there are additional keyboard layouts over 3.0.5, currently swedish, russian and ukrainian.

I'm trying to install a danish keyboard patch from this thread
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    but I get an error. Probably because the patch is for WebOS 3.0.5 and not LunaCE 4.5.0! :-)
    But do you know anything about getting other keyboard layouts to work in LunaCE?
    Keyboard patches won't work since it's a new binary and the binary offsets are different.

Adding more keyboard requires that someone are willing to add them to the source tree (Src/ime/tabletkeymaps/*.h), or that someone fixes the patches (but that's just dumb since they will be broken again sooner than later).
    Quote Originally Posted by mansandersson View Post
    Yes there are additional keyboard layouts over 3.0.5, currently swedish, russian and ukrainian.

Keyboard patches won't work since it's a new binary and the binary offsets are different.

Adding more keyboard requires that someone are willing to add them to the source tree (Src/ime/tabletkeymaps/*.h), or that someone fixes the patches (but that's just dumb since they will be broken again sooner than later).
    I'm not sure I follow you, but you mean that IF I get it to work, it will just break again if I upgrade LunaCE?
    I'm a complete n00b with WebOS (been using linux/Ubuntu for many years now though), but will it be possible for me to copy/paste the missing keyboard layout into the right place....and I AM really dumb with programming so please forgive me asking this! :-D

Martin
    Awesome stuff!

The only things I don't like is the lost QWERTZ-keyboard-layout and the title of WebOS LunaCE on top of the screen.

Thanks a lot for bringing back the card switching-feature.
    I'm not sure I follow you, but you mean that IF I get it to work, it will just break again if I upgrade LunaCE?
    I'm a complete n00b with WebOS (been using linux/Ubuntu for many years now though), but will it be possible for me to copy/paste the missing keyboard layout into the right place....and I AM really dumb with programming so please forgive me asking this! :-D

Martin
    Since it's a binary file there's no guarantee that the bytes will arrange themself the same way in the next build, i.e. the offsets setup in the patch will probably not be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    The only things I don't like is the lost QWERTZ-keyboard-layout
    Since I was the one who made most of the keyboard changes I wonder how you mean? The QWERTZ layout is still there but has been renamed to German.

AZERTY -> FRENCH
    QWERTY -> ENGLISH
    QWERTZ -> GERMAN
    if you go to the irc freenode/webOS-ports channel you can ask or make suggestions for new keyboard layouts . Umm I thought if you change the language setting in regional settings to like French , that I would give you a qwertz layout on the keyboard??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    my $0.02... I tried it (albiet briefly) and have removed it. some minor gripes:
    1) I find the keyboard layout inferior to that offered by keypatch qwertyarrows (arrow placement, english key)
    2) The thumb nav controls patch in the browser no longer seemed to work
    3) The remove launcher button patch now left an empty space where the launcher button was
    4) I too felt that aforementioned sluggishness

I realize that half of these have to do with patches that may become moot in the future. Perhaps then I'll revisit... Keep up the effort, thanks.
    I don't see the average TP user using LuneCE. Too many hoops to jump through when installing and getting it to run properly; install this, uninstall that, but only after removing . . .

I realize this is a beta version and i hope that the final release is a one click install, if not, its just going to be used by the tech people. I am excited though, that things seem to be moving in the right direction for WebOS.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by mansandersson View Post
    Since I was the one who made most of the keyboard changes I wonder how you mean? The QWERTZ layout is still there but has been renamed to German.

AZERTY -> FRENCH
    QWERTY -> ENGLISH
    QWERTZ -> GERMAN
    Well, that's it. My webOS-country settings were still set as keyboard-layout QWERTZ. So I added the 'GERMAN' layout and removed the old one.

Why did you renamed it? If it would still be called 'QWERTZ' it wouldn't be necessary to correct it at the settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I don't see the average TP user using LuneCE. Too many hoops to jump through when installing and getting it to run properly; install this, uninstall that, but only after removing . . .

I realize this is a beta version and i hope that the final release is a one click install, if not, its just going to be used by the tech people. I am excited though, that things seem to be moving in the right direction for WebOS.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    first of all there are only 3 issue patches that have to be removed that I know off. And that's nothing . Second there are only 2 things you have to do really to have LunaCE . 1) install PalmLunaSysMgr… 2) install LunaCE , and done ! If you prefer uninstalling the patches first (which I recommend) its only 3 patches (unless you've done some command line editing or something). The typical Preware (thousands of them) user will indeed do either of these things easily since the benefits are awesome . Oh this is just my opinion lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    1) I find the keyboard layout inferior to that offered by keypatch qwertyarrows (arrow placement, english key)
    3) The remove launcher button patch now left an empty space where the launcher button was

I realize that half of these have to do with patches that may become moot in the future. Perhaps then I'll revisit... Keep up the effort, thanks.
    they are alpha/beta versions atm, bound to be clashes or issues but that's why we install them in their current forms, to get them stable and hassle free in time, remove now yeah but don't discount totally, esp when its out of alpha/beta and into stable.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post

FYI - the Thumb Nav patch still works, but you have to double-tap on the edge to get the pop-up to appear.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    FYI - the Thumb Nav patch still works, but you have to double-tap on the edge to get the pop-up to appear.
    Once again I confirm the feature works the same in Advanced Browser as well
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast